CHAPTER FOURTEEN

—Rosalie Cartier—

I was walking up to Emily's house for the first time this week. The feeling I felt in my body was unbearable. I felt so guilty and I couldn't take it anymore.

Emily was there for me through a lot and there was no way that I was going to be a liar and Cheater towards her.

I knocked at her door a couple of times but there was no answer. I checked the time to see this was the time she would usually take a nap.

I sighed before taking the key from under her welcome carpet and opening the door.

I tossed the key onto the kitchen table. I then proceeded upstairs as I could hear a squeaking noise. It was almost like a bang.

My feet led me to Emily's bedroom door before I opened it up.

I was stunned by what I Just caught. Was I mad? A little? Was I going to be mad for long? No. I took a deep breath before pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Rosalie, I can explain." Emily says as she holds the bed sheets up to her body while covering it.

I nodded before looking over at Zackery who seemed like he was afraid to even talk. He looked as if he would grab the rope and do it himself.

"Uh, I'll wait in the living room." I say before rushing out of the room.

Now, any other person would think I was an idiot for the way I just reacted and to this day I still think I'm an idiot for letting this happen but my heart didn't sting.

Usually, I would get mad at whoever looked at Emily in the wrong way or if they flirted with her while I was sitting right there but right now, I felt relieved.

Maybe it was because I had done something bad and this was making me feel less guilty. The weight on my shoulders were lifted and the grays in my hair were no longer there. If I knew this would make me feel more relaxed, I would have set this up between the two sooner.

After about 10 minutes, They both came downstairs fully dressed. They made it awkward. I was perfectly fine with this, I don't know why they were being so awkward.

"Rosalie...I'm sorry." Emily let out,

I smiled at her, "It's alright, Em. You don't understand how happy I am about this." I said before bringing her into a hug.

They both stared at me weirdly. They must have thought I was out of my mind, and I was. I was way out of my head. This was the only thing that made sense to me right about now.

"Why are you taking this so lightly? Rosalie, I really am sorry."

"I've done something as well, but I didn't go out and sleep with your best friend." I paused before looking at Emily once more, "I've been having sexual feelings for someone else... lately."

"Sexual feelings? Rosalie, I messed up and Zackery and I were in the moment and we did what we did but if you think that compares to sexual feelings then you're really out of your head. Be mad at me, Hit me, scream. Do something."

My hand raised up to run across her cheekbones and shook my head. She looked so broken standing in front of me. It was like she wanted to get caught. Like a crack addict searching for what they're not supposed to have. Maybe the attention was what she craved.

"Emily, I'm not going to do anything to you. You're the love of my life, the journey I seek. We are meant to be, we just have to make this work. You want an open relationship, we can have that. We don't have to even call this cheating." I assured her as I searched through her eyes.