prologue

Leia clung to Luke's arm once inside the hot tavern, almost wanting to hide behind the young man from the looks the men were giving her but she forced herself to be seen with a mask to hide her fear.

Luke then walks away from her to ask the man at the bar the information why they had come there. Leia was left alone and focused on the lines of the wood of the bar.

A man approached her and she tried to ignore him, running her fingers over the old wood. But the man's presence was hard for her to ignore once he brushed calloused fingers across his cheek. Leia jumps away.

"Hey!" She yells at him annoyed.

The man laughs, "What's up princess? I just want to have fun."

Gesturing, she reaches out once more and takes her arm roughly. Leia lets out a squeal of pain, drawing the attention of the people inside the tavern.

Before Luke can intervene, a low but threatening voice cuts him off, "let her go."

Luke and Leia watch the woman in a long wool coat looking out the window as her long braid falls down her back.

"Or what?" The man taunts her by tightening his grip on Leia's arm.

The woman takes her glass full of alcohol and drinks it in one gulp. When the drink is finished, she throws the glass at the man. The glass shatters in her face and the control he had over Leia vanishes.

Luke quickly led Leia away from the scene, both of them taking a corner away from the fight.

The woman approaches the man and he tries to punch her, she manages to grab the man's arm before she can hurt him and lands a good blow to his nose, the man falls to the ground.

Another comes up behind her, she spins around and punches him in the stomach knocking the air out, punches him quickly followed by a knee to the nose, grabs the man and knocks him unconscious with the bar.

Her long braid flies as her head turns to the two young men in the corner who were watching the previous scene.

"Are you okey?" She asks Leia.

Leia nods, although her arm ached, hers was manageable.

The woman nods in satisfaction and adjusts her coat, preparing to leave.

"Wait," Luke stops her, "we're looking for someone. A woman named Erin. Do you know her?"

"What are you looking for?"

"We have a message for her" Luke takes several glances around her making sure no one hears him, taking the message out of the pocket of her cloak showing the woman, "from obi wan Kenobi"

The woman then takes the message from Luke's hands: "You're lucky, you found it. I'm Erin."

• • •

Erin plays the message, seeing the image of the old Obi-wan appear.

"Hello, my old friend," he begins to say.

"You're old," Erin scoffs.

"I know we haven't seen each other in a long time and we won't be able to do it now, I know I should have visited you while I still could, you were always good at hiding" the old obi wan shows him a genuine smile, "I'm sure you know what happened" making a long pause, "with Anakin"

Erin fights the urge to stop the message, taking a deep breath.

"Those children who came to you with this message, they are Anakin's children, they need your help, I know I don't have the right to ask you this, but just one last fight" asks the old obi wan with crystallized eyes, "for old times sake "he adds giving her a small smile thus ending the message.

Erin clung to the table taking several breaths, trying not to look shattered when she arrived with the children waiting for her in the living room of her little cabin.

Luke gets up from her seat when he sees her arrive, questioning her with his gaze. Erin pours herself a shot of scotch and plops down on her comfortable sofa.

"So they're part of the rebel alliance," she begins herself.

"That's right," Leia replies.

"Obi-wan mentioned that you could help us," Luke adds, "although I don't understand how you could."

Erin laughs and refills her empty glass, "I don't know either."

Leia shared a look with Luke and they both looked at the woman who, surprisingly, was still sober after refilling her glass several times.

"He mentioned that you…" Luke shifted in his seat with some discomfort, "that you knew Darth Vader when he was young."

"I bet he did," Erin murmurs looking at her half-filled whiskey bottle, "that's right, I knew him when he wasn't Darth Vader."

"When wasn't he?" Luke frowns, "Wasn't it always him?"

"No, boy, he wasn't always darth vader" Erin replies taking another drink, Luke could make out a hint of acidity in the sentence, "it's a boring story, they sure don't want to hear it..."

"We want," Leia says quickly, Luke staring at her, but the young princess nudges him and forces Luke to say something.

"Uh yeah, I guess we do," Luke adds.

Erin half straightened, looking at the two young men with arched eyebrows.

"Well, I'm going to need another bottle of whiskey to do it"