ten

"It was the happiest time of my life" Erin tells them and looks at the whiskey in her hand, "I don't know how that happened, because I hardly drank alcohol"

She takes a sip from her glass and continues, "We used to take sunset walks to the waterfalls, in the afternoons we'd paint the cabin or whatever to make it look decent, and at night we'd sit and eat in front of a campfire."

• • •

Erin threw some water at Anakin and he jumped off her, looking surprised, Erin laughs at her expression.

"Oh Erin, come here!" Anakin tells her when she sees the brunette running from him.

Anakin caught Erin holding her by her waist, Erin jerked away from him as Anakin began to tickle her.

"No, no, I got you," Anakin tells her when Erin almost pulls away from him.

They both fell to the grass laughing. Anakin on Erin. When he realized that, the laughter slowly faded away.

"What are you going to do, kid?" Erin asks after a few seconds of silence.

"Which I've wanted to do since I met you," he replies quietly.

Anakin held Erin's right cheek and leaned down to capture her lips in a kiss, a passionate, desperate kiss that ended in a bite.

"Now I'm not a kid anymore, am I?" Anakin tells her with a mischievous smile.

"Oh, shut up," Erin tells him, elbowing into her arms and grabbing him around the back of the neck to make him bring her lips back together.

• • •

"Do you want to talk about your family?" Anakin asks her.

he had spent the last hour talking about him.

"No, no, I'm fine like this" says Erin taking a bite of her food, "besides my memory is failing, I don't remember much"

"Oh really?" Anakin embodies an eyebrow.

"Oh, Anakin, it's the age" she tells him and after a few seconds they both laugh.

"If you don't want to, that's fine," Anakin tells him quietly, "we can eat our food by the light of the campfire."

"Oh, so romantic," Erin says wryly.

"Let's talk about simple things" Anakin says after a few minutes, "how, what is your favorite color?"

Erin laughs, "well the blue"

"The blue one" repeats Anakin with raised eyebrows, "I didn't expect that, why?"

"It reminds me of the ocean at home, the sky," Erin tells him then looks at Anakin, "and which one is yours?"

Anakin leans closer to Erin, "brown, but a chocolate color, which reminds me of all those sweet things I love, brownies and…" Anakin brushed Erin's hair out of her face, "and your eyes."

Erin laughs and puts her hand on his chest, "we can't go through with this" she tells him quietly.

"Why not?" Anakin asks leaning even closer to her.

"Because you're a kid," Erin replies, "look at me, you're still young and soon I'll start using a cane and wallowing in my misery."

"I don't mind"

"I'm going to get wrinkles"

"I will love them"

"My hair will turn gray"

"Grey suits you"

"Anakin" Erin puts her hand on her chest pulling him away a little, "will you really still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"

"I will," he answers confidently.

• • •

"I should have believed him, I did," Erin rubs her nose, "but that's what happens when someone who's never been treated right is suddenly loved. It scares you."

"Did you quit again?" Leia asks with a hint of sadness.

"My life was always about running away, it was the only thing I knew, I didn't want to be stuck in a place, in a rut," Erin tells her, "plus I was too mentally damaged, waking up in the middle of the night to memories of what happened in that Sith base. I was a complete mess"