eight

"I really don't remember much of what happened during that time," Erin tells them, "it was like my memories were blocked."

Then Leia remembered something, "I have something that can help you", she took out an old brown leather notebook and handed it to Erin.

"It's Anakin's" Luke tells her, "Obi-wan said it was something like his diary, he also told us to give it to you"

Erin received it with trembling hands, the smell of her old pages reaching her nose once she opened the notebook. She quickly read what was written in the yellow pages. Anakin had started writing ever since they met, she got to the part where he missed her.

"So? What does he say?" Leia asks with an impatient smile.

Erin looked at the children before looking back at the cards. She cleared her throat.

I always liked the sparkle in Erin's eyes, the chocolate color became my favorite when she looked into her eyes, it was the way they lit up even when she was drunk that fascinated me.

That glow disappeared when I found her at that Sith base. Even her cunning mouth stopped uttering words. She just looks at a non-existent point, it's as if she wasn't there.

Everything got worse afterwards.

Anakin ran through the corridors arriving at the medical area, noticing the clear disturbance in the place.

"Hey!" He yelled at the boy who was holding Erin tight, "let her go!"

"Don't you see the situation?" The boy gasps, "she's out of control."

Erin struggled to free herself from the grip of all those people, as she snarled, her brown hair covering much of her face.

"Erin, it's me," Anakin tells her, approaching her cautiously, "Anakin, your star boy, remember?"

Erin growled and struggled to throw herself at Anakin, then one of the girls inside her room injected her neck with a tranquilizer that caused her to pass out in the boy's arms.

• • •

“It's the way she defends herself, her mind sometimes doesn't know where she is, she doesn't remember if she's safe so she jumps to her defense. They are small lapses of time”, the doctor tells them, “what makes it What happened there affected her not only physically but also psychologically, having her here would be very dangerous”

"You're saying that she has a trauma and still you say that we throw her out" Anakin snaps at the doctor, Obi Wan puts a hand on his arm to make him return to her place.

"We don't know how to treat these traumas, we don't know what medication to give or if it is recommended," the doctor tells them, "it cannot be treated here"

"So your solution is to throw her into an alley like a stray dog" Anakin said with annoyance.

"Anakin" Obi-wan says quietly looking at the council.

"If we can't help her anymore, we'd better let her go" Master Windu says with a nod.

Obi-wan put his hand back on Anakin's arm when he saw his intention to move towards Master Windu.

The council voted to let Erin go. She was alone and sick, and yet they abandoned her. I never hated the council like I did at the time.

I got a cabin on Naboo, a bit out of town and close to the falls. Obi wan helped me carry Erin.

Obi-wan laid Erin down on the sofa and crouched down so he could see her face more clearly.

"Now you are safe, my old friend" Obi-wan tells her, "soon you will be the talkative girl you were before"

Erin doesn't answer, keeping her gaze blank, Obi-wan purses his lips, pats her knees and stands up.

"I'll bring the missing bags" Obi-wan tells Anakin as he enters the cabin, "you might want to try it" he says, nodding towards Erin.

Anakin approaches Erin, "hey" he says quietly, "do you like it? I chose it for the view, towards the waterfalls, so you can always see when the rainbows appear"

Erin didn't answer.

"It's okay," Anakin exhales and leans in to kiss her on the forehead, "we'll be fine."