epilogue

Leia leaned down and wiped the smudge on Erin's pale cheek, pulling back with a sad face. Standing next to her brother, she took the locket from her pocket, Luke looked at her.

"What's that?" Luke asks.

Leia opens the locket showing the old photos of Anakin and Erin, both hug each other while smiling for the moment.

"Anakin gave it to her," Leia tells her, "he told her that he was her family and that's why he needed her."

Luke gives her a reassuring little nudge, before Leia leans down again and places the locket in Erin's cold fingers. She looked at Darth Vader next to her, both of them lying together on the stretcher they made.

"At least they won't have to deal with the pain of living without each other. They're both gone together, they can rest together," Luke tells Leia to soothe her sad expression.

Leia nods and walks away for Luke to light the bodies. The fire spreads rapidly, leaving only a small glimpse of the bodies through the flames.

Luke puts his arm around Leia's shoulders as she snuggles into him.

"Do you think they can rest?" Leia watches the crackle of the fire, Luke leans in and places a soft kiss on her forehead.

"They do," Luke assures her.

Both siblings embraced while they watched as the fire consumed the bodies of the lovers.
Wishing they finally find peace.