nineteen

Erin ran her hands over the balcony looking out at the busy city.

"Hey," Anakin joined her, pulling a blanket over her shoulders, "it's a nice sight, isn't it?"

Erin just nods and Anakin looks at her.

"I brought you hot chocolate" Anakin passes the cup to her and Erin receives it.

"I'm sorry you saw me like this," Erin tells him, referring to the scene she staged on the Separatist ship.

"You don't have to, you don't have to worry about what everyone thought, I'm glad I helped you even a little" Anakin puts her hand over his as he receives Erin's small smile.

"Didn't that scare you?" Erin asks him.

Anakin walks away from her with a smile, "you scare me? You never could"

"You don't scare me either," Erin tells him.

"Oh, I can be scary," Anakin assured her with a quip.

"Of course you do," Erin laughs, "but not me."

Anakin reaches out to wrap his arms around Erin, "good to know."

Erin walks over to the cup of chocolate and looks at it with a smile, "chocolate, like your favorite color."

• • •

"And who are you?" Han Solo stands in front of her with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face.

"She's an ally," Leia replies for Erin to get Han away from her.

"So?" Han looks at Erin, "how are you going to help us?"

"I have a plan, more than your plan could accomplish," Erin replies with a smile.

Han looks to Leia next to her and then to Luke, "I'll keep my eyes on you sweetie," he pointed his finger at her as she made way for him.

Erin stepped forward as she explained the plan, Han just leaning against a tree trunk.

"Do we trust her?" Han asks the siblings.

"We do," Luke says confidently.

"She's the girl he talks about in the diary," Leia tells him.

"Oh." Han just raises his eyebrows in surprise.

Luke looks at them both, "Did you guys read the journal?"

"I was curious, buddy. You don't hand us a journal from the mighty Sith lord and expect us not to read it," Han simply replies, putting his arm around Leia's shoulders.

Luke snorts and rolls his eyes, "you two are a case."

• • •

"Thank you for supporting me in not letting Leia come with us," Luke tells her after long minutes of silence.

"I get it kid. You're just trying to protect your sister," Erin tells him, "although you shouldn't doubt her strength, she's got a brave heart there, she's reckless for sure."

"Yeah" Luke plays with his saber on his belt, "she sometimes gets on my nerves. You know, I'm just trying to take care of her, protect her."

Erin gives him a message on his shoulder, "you're a good brother, Luke."

Luke gives her a smile as he ducks his face, his lank sandy hair billowing. Erin stops looking at him, noticing that Luke has the same smile that Anakin used to have.

"What's happening?" Luke asks noticing her silence.

"Nothing," Erin breaths out.

Luke gives her a look, "if you say so."