three

Anakin stormed out of the council meeting after being scolded for his impulsive decisions, Obi-wan gave chase.

"Anakin" obi wan puts his hand on his shoulder, "it was a good deed"

Anakin snorted, rolling his eyes.

"It really was, it was just the way you used it" Obi-wan tells him in a low voice, "go rest, we have training tomorrow"

Obi-wan gives him a smile before leaving, Anakin sighs sadly, moving towards his room.

"They are idiots" a familiar voice tells him once he is in the shelter offered by his room.

"erin?" Anakin says surprised to find the woman, she was sitting in an armchair in the corner with the dim light to her right, "what are you talking about?"

"Those of the council, about what you did on the mission that Obi-wan took you"

Anakin snorts, settling down on his bed.

"It doesn't matter" he says even though the matter will really upset him.

Erin walked over and settled into the space that Anakin left, the boy turned to the woman so they could both look into her eyes.

"I think It was great" she tells him with a small smile, "you saved that girl, Ani"

Anakin catches Erin's smile giving off a smaller one, his fingers capturing the unruly lock on Erin's forehead.

"I don't know what I would do if you weren't here," he confesses to her.

Erin sighed deeply, closing her eyes for a moment.

"Get up star boy" she tells him after a few seconds "I have something to show you"

• • •

"Don't look until I tell you," Erin tells him.

"Do you plan to do it?" Anakin arches an eyebrow, "Are you going to kill me?"

"In my workshop?" Erin notes, "it would mess up your blood and it would be very tiring to clean it up."

Anakin laughs, "oh thank you very much, that keeps me safer," he says sarcastically.

"Yeah, close your eyes," Erin asks again.

With a sigh, Anakin closed his eyes and let Erin take his hand as she led him into the workshop. Their hands released after a few seconds and Erin moved behind Anakin.

"Open them" she says in his ear, Anakin felt a chill run down his back.

Anakin opened his eyes and found a jet quite small but big enough.

"WOW," Anakin exhales, "shit, Erin, that's great."

Erin laughs, "I'll let you drive it, only if you promise to keep it without a scratch."

"Of course!" Anakin accepts more animated, "Who did you steal it from?"

"That offends me" Erin tells him, "I won it in a bet"

"Finally being addicted to the game was worth it," Anakin sneers as he takes a punch from Erin.

"With this I'll be able to leave soon" Erin mentions, "I'll travel the galaxy"

Erin glances at Anakin once he's very quiet, looking at the boy's downcast face.

"Does that mean you're leaving?" Anakin says quietly.

Erin walked over to him and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, I'll be right back" she soothes him, "you know I can't stay in one place, why..."

"Because you hate the everyday" Anakin finishes her sentence for her, "I know, I just wish you could have stayed longer"

"You'll miss me?" Erin tells him with her hands cupping Anakin's cheeks.

Anakin snorts in feigned annoyance without breaking the grip, "no, not a bit."

"Ouch," Erin puts on a dramatic expression, "too bad, I'll miss you."

Anakin breathes in Erin's fruity scent and drops her forehead to hers.

"You have to promise me that you'll take care of yourself" he begins to tell her, "and that you'll come back"

"I promise you, star boy" Erin whispers to him with a soft look.

"It was the first time I quit," Erin tells them, "I'd like to say it was the last, but it wasn't."

"So you saw he again?" Leia asks immersed in the story.

"Of course I do. I always keep my promises"

Erin was silent for a moment, lost in her memories of how she had spent the last few years, unable to fall asleep to her.

"Then what happened?" Luke asks getting her attention.

Leia looked up at him with a smile, though Luke pretended he wasn't really interested in the story, but he wanted to know more.

Erin smiled, "he grew up…"