eleven

"One day I left, I took what I could in a suitcase and I only left a letter, without goodbyes, I only left while he was sleeping"

"Was it because you were afraid?" Leia asks with sweet eyes.

Erin purses her lips into a thin line as she nods, "it's like you find comfort in sadness because it's the only emotion you've felt in so long."

Erin played with her fingers and sobbed: "I didn't want to live, so if I left it was to die. I made a witch angry, I thought she would kill me, but she didn't, she put a curse on me. I will be young and I will live for all eternity. She told me; now you will have to live with your pain without being able to do anything to take it away."

• • •

Anakin fell as the old wooden floor cracked and a weight landed on his back.

When he fell into the underground part of the house, he raised his head.

"Anakin?"

"Erin?"

Erin took him by the neck helping him sit up, Anakin's head fell onto Erin's collarbones and she clung to him. A few seconds passed before they separated. Anakin ran his hand over her cheeks, brushing her unruly hair away from her.

"What happened to your face?" Anakin asks trying to catch his breath.

Erin doesn't answer him, she just looks at him while she smiles.

"Erin," Anakin tells her in a firmer tone, looking at the cuts on the woman's face, "Who did this to you?"

"It's okay," she replies softly, running her hands over Anakin's outstretched arms.

"Who did this to you?" Anakin asks again through a clenched jaw, his hands on Erin's bruised cheeks.

"It's okay"

Anakin sighed and pulled her to wrap her arms around her, Erin leaned into hers shoulder, "Erin, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

"I'm sorry" Erin tells him, "I shouldn't have left like this"

They separated from him and Anakin held his cheeks again, "it doesn't matter, are you okay?"

Erin nods, "I'm fine."

"Well, that's all that matters"

Anakin scrambled to his feet holding Erin by her thighs, keeping her close to him, Erin wrapping her legs around Anakin's waist as she laughs.

"What are you doing?" Erin asks him.

"I'm just making sure you can't run from me again"

• • •

"Not a scratch," Anakin tells her once he shows Erin her ship, "I thought you'd take it with you when you left."

"I couldn't take everything," Erin tells him, looking at him, "I hope you didn't take the bottles I left there."

"How could I?" Anakin tells her giving her a smile.

Erin ran her fingers along the walls of the ship once she was aboard, breathing in the scent of whiskey and lockdown. She glanced over her shoulder at Anakin who was leaning back with his arms folded.

"I owe you an explanation," Erin tells him.

"No, you don't have to, we're nothing, right?" Anakin answers her, "I'm sorry" he says, realizing her words, "I know why you left"

"Anakin" Erin walks over.

"I know you hate the everyday, I just wish I knew where you would go, because you had me so worried"

Erin laughs, "I guess I should have."

"Yeah" Anakin exhales and approaches, "let's heal those wounds, maybe now you want to tell me who did that to you"

"Some men," Erin tells him, hissing in pain as Anakin rubs the ointment over her wound, "i was a little drunk and they took me by surprise."

Anakin stopped, jaw clenched, "What did they do to you?"

"Those bastards couldn't do anything but slash my face," Erin mutters, "their bodies must be rotting by now."

"You killed them" confirms Anakin raising his eyebrows.

Erin looks up so her eyes meet, "it was them or me"

"Well I'm glad you're still here"

Anakin put aside the bloody bandages and settled next to Erin as she stopped to take in her face, even with the cuts on her face she was still just as beautiful.

"What happened while I was gone?"

"You're talking to General Skywalker, one of the best pilots," Anakin tells him with a smile.

"Oh look at you," Erin compliments him, "I'm happy for you, you're getting what you want."

"not everything" Anakin in a low voice.

Erin fades her smile as she stands up and pulls a bottle of scotch from behind the mirror, "we have got to drink to celebrate."