The Target

At Egad's white circular research facility, which resides on the outskirts of Brooklyn, multiple Animal Control vans have taken hold of the area. Yellow tape is up everywhere, some of which is being actively placed by Animal control officers, guards stand at the outer area of the circle, each of them watch the area like a hunter watching its prey, and multiple workstations with various different computers are set up, with cords linking said computers to the facility itself.

Hundreds of men and women work tirelessly at the computers, to seemingly no avail as many of them groan and slam their hands down whenever a BEEP emits from the computer.

Finally, one van drives in through an opening, made by the others, and stops. Out of the passenger seat, steps Ms.Pauline, who takes off her helmet and places it back into the van.

As she begins walking towards the facility, multiple animal control officers run up to her. They all attempt to get her attention by saying her name loudly, one after the other.

Pauline: "Alright, everyone, one at a time! First of all, what's the situation?"

Animal Control Officer 344: "It seems that Egad has completely locked down his private lab! The entire facility has a extremely powerful encryption on it, which our best men and women are working on to make the facility open up for us!"

Pauline: "Are Egad and Omelette still inside?"

One officer hands her a pair of Thermal Goggles. As she looks through them, she sees that the entire facility has a heat source equally over its surface.

Animal Control Officer 999: "We don't know mam! At the current moment, the facility is generating a heat source over its entire surface to mask any sort of thermal goggles we have!"

Pauline: "Great, which means that..."

Animal Control Officer: "There's probably a chance that they are planning something...."

Pauline stops and placing a hand on the facility.

Pauline: "I knew something like this would happen...... Egad has grown far to attached to that....creature..... We need to stop him before he does something reckless....."

Animal Control Officer 527: "And how do we do that?"

Pauline sighs before turning back.

Pauline: "We start by sweeping the town!"

Various officers look at each other in confusion.

Animal Control Officer 655: "And why are we doing that?"

Pauline walks through them to look at the city as they all part ways for her.

Pauline: "With Egad's irrational behavior, there is a chance that he is just activating the heat source to act as a distraction! The first thing I want is to make sure he isn't anywhere else in Brooklyn!"

Animal Control Officer 77: "And......what if he isn't in Brooklyn....or in the lab?"

Pauline breathes in while staring off into the distance.

Pauline: ".....Then we'll figure out what to do next when we narrow it down, for now-"

Pauline turns and points to the people working at the computers.

Pauline: "-you all keep working! His lab can't stay locked forever, and-"

She turns and points to the animal control officers.

Pauline: "-any of you who is available, get into your vans! We're covering as much of this city in as little time as possible! Check alleyways, laboratories, anywhere Egad or Omelette have been to within the last two years, check it! We have an irrational elderly man with the ability to create inventions of unparalleled power and a creature capable of causing mass mayhem on the lose! We have to find them! It is imperative that we do! Brooklyn could be on the line!"