HOME!

Peach: "What?"

Pauline quickly throws down her rifle and pulls off her helmet as she stares at Peach, her eyes welling with tears as she attempts to speak.

Pauline: "I-is it really you?"

Peach: "........I........I don't know....... Who do you think I am?"

Pauline shouts.

Pauline: "ARE YOU PEACH?"

Peach jumps a bit as Mario falls back onto his back.

Peach: "Yes.......I am Princess Peach..... How could you tell?"

Pauline: ".......Mario talked about you. I thought he might've been talking about someone else but......I recognize that hair and those eyes anywhere......even if I haven't seen them in decades......"

Mario looks back to Peach with a raised eyebrow as she shrugs back.

Pauline, seeing this exchange, looks down at Mario and gasps.

Pauline: "MARIO! OH MY GOODNESS, I DIDN'T SEE YOU THERE!"

Pauline goes to help him up, only for Mario to raise a hand and lift himself up. Mario then raises his hands defensively.

Pauline, seeing this, smiles nervously.

Pauline: "OH! Mario! Terribly sorry for scaring you there! Didn't mean to, I swear!"

She nervously chuckles as one of Mario's eyebrows raise.

Peach: "Mario, do you.......know this woman?"

Mario: "I do...... This is Mayor Pauline! As in the woman who tried to seal off the pipe so we couldn't get back home!"

Peach: "What?!?"

Pauline: "AHAH, UM, WELL THAT ISN'T-I MEAN WE-...........I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE BOWSER COULDN'T GET THROUGH! I'M SORRY!"

Peach and Mario stare at her with widened eyes.

Pauline: "U-um.......as in........ I'm very sorry! I was just trying to protect Brooklyn from a threat and I did not mean anything bad against you Mario! In fact, since we found you, you can be integrated back immediately, along with your brother, after we find Egad and Omel-WAIT, HAVE EITHER OF YOU SEEN A MAN NAMED EGAD OR A KOOPA NAMED OMELETTE AROUND?!?"

Mario: "I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT THEY WERE-"

Peach: "MARIO!"

Mario rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. Peach sighs and looks to Pauline again.

Peach: "Why, yes, we did. Why?"

Pauline grabs up her rifle as she runs past Mario. Once she gets to the other side of the pipe, she looks around while walking towards the tent's flap.

Pauline: "It's a long story, but basically Omelette has been stirring up trouble around here and the public can't really know about him because he may be like Bowser and so we have to find him! But I guess we aren't really in.........Brooklyn...........anymore?"

Mario: "My thoughts exactly.......about the Omelette thin-Wait, I just realized that his name is Omelette! What kind of a name i-"

Peach glares at him for a moment.

Pauline stares at the ground for a few moments before opening the flap and looking out at the debris laden land outside.

Pauline: "We're.........in the other land........aren't we?"

Peach: "Why yes! We are!"

Pauline: "So, this is why they came here..........for him......"

Peach and Mario look to each other with confused expressions before looking back to Pauline.