Leave me alone...

Far from the sand covered land of Sarasa Land, exists another region. This land, this carcass of what once was, is a place of lost hopes and devoid dreams. It is covered in the broken remains of various buildings, a variety of chunks of land that stick out of the ground and is...irregular for the surrounding biomes.

This is the home of the kongs, Jungland, or at least, it was....until the land of the koopas collapsed on top of it. Now, both lands are gone and nothing but ash remains.....

Ash......and one lonely ruler......

Among towers of forgotten weapons and destroyed air ships, a lone pile of ash, which stands at about seven feet tall, and is oddly.....round, sits still.

As the sun begins to rise, debris starts to fall from the top of the pile....until finally.....all of the ash slides off as the creature hidden beneath stands up.

Once he's up, he looks around, his eyes adjusting more and more to the light with each blink.

His yawn echoes through the hills of the forgotten dump as birds fly off from one of the larger piles.

Once he is done, he licks his lips, sighs, and begins to trudge through the memories.

He walks through the war torn landscape, using a trench he himself has caused to form through his many, many journeys.

This trench stretches the entirety of the land, snaking off in various different directions to reach a multitude of destinations. Some paths have broken buildings which collapsed onto them, while others seem to just....stop.....many times in front of a particularly intact house or fountain.

The one the creature is heading towards also stops abruptly! However, this path doesn't stop in front of something that's made, but rather, a structure where the materials were....grown.

As the monster turns and begins walking down the final stretch of the path, a pile of koopa shells sits taller then most houses in the distance. The shells are cracked, some are broken in half, and others....are completely crushed.

It's a monument.

The creature, seeing this, stops, feels his own shell with his hand, and sighs. He survived. Out of his army, only really he survived....

He pats his shell and continues, the claws on his feet dragging more so then before.

As he walks, a few gusts of sea air blows past his snout, pulling his attention towards the ocean...and the desert near it.

He stops. The sound of a distant battle filling the air around him rather then the usual silence he is accustomed to.

His eyes close as he just.....listens.

Yelling.

Explosions.

"TO THE PALACE!"

Screaming.

"GET AWAY FROM MY PALACE YOU INGRATES!"

Breathing.

Ah yes. Sarasa Land. This world's newest threat lives there. Princess Daisy. She really doesn't know what she's gotten herself into....

He shakes his head, opens his eyes, and takes a step forward, only to then stop again when a loud CRUNCHING sound causes him to grimace.

Lifting his foot up, he finds a small centipede, it's legs still wiggling around, violently clinging to life, as he gives it an unapologetic stare.

He rolls his eyes, sighs, and pulls it off his foot, before chucking it into his mouth, multiple more loud crunching sounds being made in the process as he finishes up his journey.