Party Crashers

Pauline and the rest of the officers stand guard as the sounds of the family singing inside begin to get louder.

Various officers look at each other, but Pauline just stands there, staring straight ahead, as if her being alive was all just for this moment.

After all, she needed to take this seriously. This would either hurt or help her case with Papa and Mama.

Everything had to go right..........

Or at least it was....

Until she spotted something on the building across from them.....

There, standing with its head just barely peaking over the edge, stood something with bright red eyes.

At first, she thought this was some sort of prank or mirage, since nothing in Brooklyn has ever had red eyes.

Then she thought about the fact that it could be a creature from the other world, but that couldn't be either, since she hasn't heard anything from her guards about anything coming through.

So what was it......

Thinking that it is perhaps a threat, she slowly speaks.

Pauline: "Officers, slowly, calmly, and quietly, turn your heads to look at the roof of the building opposite to the one we are in front of...."

All of the officers carefully look over and see the figure with the red eyes.

Animal Control Officer 72: "Mam.....what is that?"

Pauline: "I don't know...."

Animal Control Officer 203: "Are those....it's eyes?"

Pauline: "......I don't know."

Animal Control Officer 83: "How long has it been-"

Pauline: "Look, I-........I just spotted it a moment ago...... It's too far away to see clearly...."

Animal Control Officer 92: "What should we do? Approach it?"

Pauline: "........No............there is no need to stir up any trouble if it isn't going to do anything...."

The creature then grabs onto the side and stands up, revealing him to have a body that is very similar to......a short slightly chubby man.

Animal Control Officer 92: "Okay, there's a reason to stir up trouble!"

The officers all pull out dart rifles as Pauline puts up her arms to stop them.

Pauline: "Hold it! Everyone hold it! It has not engaged us yet and it doesn't look......human...."

The creature then jumps and lands on the sidewalk, it's entire body jiggling up and down from the force of the impact.

All of the officers stare at him.

Pauline: "......Even if it does look like Mario....."

The creature begins walking towards them.

Pauline: "In any case, it would be in our best interest if we DID NOT ENGAGE UNTIL IT DID! It may be from the other world, and if it is, we need to make a good, and peaceful introduction!"

Pauline then breathes in, takes off her helmet, and shoves it into a nearby guard's arms.

Pauline: "Said peaceful introduction I will take care of!"

Pauline then slowly approaches it as the officers all stand behind her, their rifles ready for combat.

Once the two of them meet in the middle, they both stop, and look each other up and down.