Meet the Princesses!

The family quietly huddles together as Peach, Daisy, and Pauline watch from a few feet away.

Daisy rolls her eyes at the display while Peach sighs happily and smiles. Pauline, taking a notice to this sigh and happy look, and the fact that the three of them are alone, puts her hands behind her back and quietly speaks to them.

Pauline: "Soooooo.........do you guys think you'll get a similar reaction when you get back home?"

Pauline smiles nervously as they both look at her with an eyebrow raised.

Pauline: ".....You know......with your.....uh....families?"

Peach's smile seems to degrade a tiny bit as Daisy looks away.

Pauline: "Oh no! I'm sorry! I didn't realize that-"

Daisy: "Nah, it's chill."

Pauline: "Huh?"

Daisy: "I don't really got a family. Only person I really counted as being apart of it basically locked me away all my life so........no need to worry about me hurting you or something."

Peach: "And I don't really.....I mean, my kingdom is basically one big family, but......I think.....Toadsworth would be the only one to really welcome me back and give me.....this sort of feeling..."

She gestures over to the family.

Pauline frowns.

Pauline: "So......you guys don't really....."

Peach and Daisy both shake their heads the same way without looking at each other.

Pauline looks down sadly.

Pauline: "......Yeah......kind of the same thing for me....."

Peach: "Oh?"

Pauline: ".....I only really knew my father, my mother and I.......weren't that close. Unfortunately though, before long, he......he passed......"

Peach walks over and puts a hand on her shoulder.

Peach: "I'm so sorry to hear that!"

Daisy: "Losing people sucks......"

Pauline smiles up at both of them.

Pauline: "Yeah.........but right now, I'm sort of focusing more on.......on reconnecting with other family members that I haven't seen in forever?"

She smiles hopefully at Peach as Peach nods.

Peach: "Well, I hope you find them! To be honest with you, a major reason for me coming to Brooklyn was to try and find some distant relatives.....if they are even here....."

Pauline, seeing her saddened look, smiles nervously.

Pauline: "Well, they're probably closer then you think!"

Peach smiles again and pats her on the shoulder.

Peach: "Yeah, I bet they are!"

Peach steps away as Pauline sighs sadly.

Papa and Mama both pull back as they stare at their sons in complete shock and surprise, tears still running down their eyes.

Papa: "How did you get back?!?"

Mario: "It's a long story."

Mama: "Have you been okay?????"

Luigi: ".......It's a long story?"

Papa and Mama: "What happened to Bowser?!??!"

Mario and Luigi look at each other before looking back at their parents and shrugging with nervous smiles on both of their faces.