Fathers day

For him it was just an ordinary father's day. You, however, had different plans.

After Harry had visited and had tea with Mr Weasley (and gifted him a fresh batch of muggle plumbing supplies), and laid fresh flowers on Sirius's and his dad's grave, you guided him home. As always, he was a little quiet, reflecting on the man who never got to be his father, and the man who was cheated out of being his godfather as you stroked your fingers through his hair.

"Harry," you murmured softly. "There's... there's something for you in the drawer,"

Harry was quiet for a moment before looking up at you softly, kissing your cheek. "I'm not crying love," he said gently.

"I know... just... just go look for me, yeah?" You prompted, giving him a little push. He nodded and went to the dresser, opening the top drawer. You held your breath as he plucked out an envelope, marked 'daddy'.

Slowly, he opened it, pulling out a small card with a generic Happy Father's Day Design on it. You were biting your nails as he read the message inside.

"To daddy,

I can't wait to meet you!

Lots of love from ???"

Silently, he turned to you, the card in one hand and the envelope in the other. "Is this... are you...?" He babbled, looking between you and the message. You stood up and quickly walked over to him. "YN... is this what I think it is?"

"If what you think it is... is that I'm pregnant then... yes," you said softly. You shut your eyes- perhaps you had picked the wrong day for this, Harry always spent fathers and Mother's Day reflecting....

You squealed as he picked you up and spun you around. "Yn! Oh my god! You're really pregnant? Really?" He said, eyes bright with excitement as he pressed kisses all over your face. You nodded, grinning.

"Yep," you smiled. "Just over a month along... I was gonna tell you as soon as I found out but... I wanted to cheer you up today,"

Harry grinned and cupped your face in his hands. "I love you so so much, YN," he said softly, kissing you gently. "I'm gonna be a dad," he murmured, more to himself than anyone else as he grinned like a dazed madman and held you close to his chest, tears dripping into your hair.