Harry potter x granger reader

When one is asked to describe Y/N Granger most who didn't know her would say she's innocent and kind but if you ask her best friends they'd tell you among those things she was fiercely loyal and willing to do anything for the people she loved. But she had a hard time standing up for herself which is why Draco Malfoy singled her out in first year and made it his mission to terrorize the girl. Harry on the other hand had always been there to defend her and she loved him for it. He was there for her and now it was her turn to be there for him in this hunt for Voldemort's horcuxes. The group of four 17 year olds had no idea where they were, where to start, or what exactly they were looking for but y/n much like Ron and Hermione trusted Harry with her life.

It had been a rough few weeks since Ron left and Hermione hadn't been taking it well, not to mention we had no way of destroying the locket. 

"Are you okay?" Harry asked sitting next to her as she sat outside the tent on the snowy ground

"Kind of a odd question don't you think?" She sighed and he nodded a bit before gently wrapping his arms around her

"You seemed cold." He mumbled noticing the hesitation in her face.

"How are we mention to do this without help?" She asked almost as if she wasn't expecting an answer but he was thinking exactly the same thing in his head so he held her tighter

Upon Ron's return a few days later the quartet made their way to the Lovegood home where they learned about the death hollows and nearly escaped being captured by death eaters.  It seemed as though everyone was starting to think Dumbledore had purposefully sent them on an endless mission.

They had been walking almost aimlessly through the woods when they ran into a pack of snatchers

"Hello pretty." The man in front of Hermione said and the quartet slowly started to back up before they broke off in to a sprint.

They hadn't been running for very long before one by one they were slowly captured and within moments they ended up in the Malfoy Manor

Due to a harmless hex Hermione cast they were unable to identify Harry immediately but Y/N's worry only increased by the minute as she kept shooting panicked glances to her friends. Just as Harry sent her a small reassuring smile Bellatrix let out a evil giggle and ordered that Y/N was given to her while the snatchers tightly held the other three.

Once this happened Bellatrix shot the torture curse at the girl causing her to scream in pain as her friends were fighting against the snatchers to help her.

"Stupify!" Harry yelled upon freeing himself as he shot the spell at the deatheaters

Once the quartet was free and Y/N was laying in Harry's arms he apparated them to Hogwarts. Harry ran straight to pomfrey as he held you to his chest.

"I'm so sorry, y/n this is all my fault." He kept repeating over and over.

Once Y/N was cleared Pomfrey told her to rest so Harry sat with her holding her hand unaware of the way butterflies erupted in her stomach at the contact.

"You don't have to stay with me." She smiled softly though she hoped he'd stay she didn't want him to feel like he had too.

"Actually, there's something I've been meaning to tell you. I always thought it was a possibility but I didn't really know for sure until today and-"

"Harry! Breathe, what are you trying to say?" She asked as the two of them laughed softly

"I like- no I love you.... a lot."

"Well of course were best friends." She smiled fondly at him but he shook his head earning a confused look for the girl in front on him

"Not like best friends, I love you like...like..erm...screw it." He mumbled leaning forward to kiss her since he couldn't find the words to express what he wanted to say he hoped his actions would.

"Well then Potter I suppose I love you too, have for a while now actually. Since you saved Mione and I from the troll with Ron in first year to be exact." She smiled after he pulled away

"Well love it appears I've got you beat. I've had feelings for you since you walked into our compartment looking for Neville's troll. You were the first person who didn't seem to care that I was the boy who lived." He smiled affectionately and she laughed

"And I still don't, your just Harry to me." She smiled as the two of them hugged

"Although I would like to know what brought this love confession of yours on?" She asked

"Seeing you get hurt, it made me realize that I couldn't do this without you, the hunting horcuxes, the war, life, any of it. I need you and I needed you to know even if you didn't feel the same I wanted you to know how I felt." He expressed as the blush on his cheeks darkened almost matching the signature Weasley red hair.

"Well then lucky for you I feel the same, now let's get Mione and Ron, we've got horcuxes to destroy." She smiled kissing his cheek before she pulled him out of the hospital wing wher the remaining members of the quartet had been hiding. After all we had a war to win!