Better than revenge

really just sat here and named my chapter a Taylor swift song and I'm not complaining at all.

Year: after hogwarts

Warnings: none

Request asked by @hjpswhore

Everyone knew how close Harry and
y/n were, after Voldermort had been defeated the two had tied the knot, marrying eachother a year after the battle.

It had been 3 years since the battle of hogwarts and y/n just couldn't understand why Harry would take a job fighting dark wizards when he's been fighting one ever since he started hogwarts. She sat in the dining room, a coffee in her hand waiting for Harry to get up.

"Good morning love" she looked up to see Harry putting on his tie. "Morning." She said still not looking up at him. "Is something wrong?" He walked forward putting his hands on the back of the chair infront of her.

Another thing she hated was that he'd always come home late from the ministry, the only time she's been seeing him lately is mornings like this.
She looked up at him just to see a big slash against his cheek.

She'd got up quickly towards him looking at it, grabbing his face.

"What happened?" Her voice full of concern and worry. He removed her hand away from his cheek "I'm okay, just a scratch."

"Harry that is not a scratch" she snapped. Harry was shocked in her change of tone. "When you're gone I can't help but wonder if you're gonna come back. If I'm gonna get a letter from the minister that you have been killed" her voice cracked. It wasn't a thought she wanted to think about.

"Love, it's sweet that you worry about me but you should know me better than that. I survived Voldermort. I'll survive being an auror." He looked at her.

Y/n scoffed. "You always come back hurt! Can't you be more careful?" she said, her voice raised.
    "What do you want me to do? Quit my job? Just sit at home twiddling my thumbs while the rest of the world goes to hell?" Harry replied, just as angry.

"No, I want you to get a better job, a hop that's not gonna put your life at risk!" She moved away from him still angry and frustrated.

"well I'm sorry y/n that's not your choice to make"
    Frustrated with the argument, Y/n took a deep breath, reaching for her coat and chucking in her trainers.

"I need some air" she said not saying another word to him, walking out the door.

She walked down the street, Harry should be gone when she gets back, She'll just have to apologise when she gets back. She listened to the sounds of birds chirping, leaves rattling. trying to calm herself down.

After about an hour she walked back to her and Harry's apartment, feeling a lot calmer than before.

She grabbed keys, unlocking the door taking off her shoes and closing it. She walked to her room taking a breath before picking up some laundry and putting it in the basket.

she heard a bang from the kitchen, causing her to jump and drop the basket "Harry?" She called out.

No answer.

"Harry, is that you?" She picked up her wand slowly walking towards the door. She heard another loud bang. "Expecto patronum" she whispered watching her patronus come out the tip of her wand. "Warn the ministry" she whispered.

She walked forward out her room pointing her wand at the figure dressed in black. "Ahh y/n potter, Harry potters lovely wife"

"Why do you want?" She said, not lowering her wand. "Well your husband...let's just say potter has made a lot of enemies on my side."

"Okay and?" Y/n replied back. "I'm up for potter to come home to a dead wife. Avada-"

"Stupefy!"

She shouted sending the death eater flying back into the cabinets. Y/n hid behind the sofa. Hearing the Deatheater groan in pain.

"Come on y/n it's just like hogwarts, fighting off deatheaters" she whispered.

"Come on potter, come out come out where ever you are!" He shouted. Y/n stood up "Sectumsempra!" He blocked the spell causing y/n to shout.

"Petrificus Totalus" the man froze falling to the floor, his wand falling next to him. She let out a breath.

She dropped her wand breathing heavily as she hears another bang, the door being kicked off its hinges and Harry being the first one in the room. "Y/n!!" He shouted

"Here" she stood up. Other aurora taking the dark wizard away. "Are you okay? Are you hurt." He checked her over, his voice laced with worry. "Yes I'm okay. I'm fine."

Without warning he kissed her harshly. Y/n a bit surprised then kissing him back. "Are you sure you're okay?" Before she could answer him he'd kissed her again.

"I'm fine." She let out a laugh. "I just wanted to say im sorry for earlier." She said, heavy breathing from the kissing and moving around.

"It's okay, im sorry too. I know you're just worried about me. I promise I'll come home earlier and I'll be extra careful" y/n pulled him into another kiss.