Bravery

Request: you could write a one-shot where harry and y/n have been dating since their third year, you could set it from the scene in the fifth movie where umbridge tries to use the cruciatus curse on harry but the reader gets in the way but harry tries to remove it so they don't hurt her.

Y/n's heart pounded in her chest as she ran into Professor Umbridge's office. The walls were adorned with sickeningly sweet pink decor, giving off an air of false warmth that made Y/n's skin crawl. She looked over at Harry. "When we get there we find Sirius and get the hell out of there."  Umbridge
cleared her throat, her eyes gleaming with a sinister delight causing the four to turn around.

Harry was dragged by umbridge and forced into a seat as Draco, Hoyle and crabbe held back the others.

"Now, Mr. Potter, we both know you're up to something. You wouldn't dare try to see Dumbledore, would you?"

Harry's voice trembled "n-no"
Umbridge's smile tightened, and she raised her hand, a sickly pale hand adorned with rings. The echo of her slap reverberated through the room as it connected with Harry's cheek. Y/n's voice rose in anger.

"How dare you?" she shouted, surging forward, only to be held back by Crabbe's sturdy grip. "You have no right to treat him like this!" Harry winced, but his eyes burned with determination. "Tell her nothing, Y/n. Don't give her a thing." Y/n slightly nodded at him.

Umbridge's eyes flared with malicious intent. "Very well then, Potter. If you won't tell me willingly, I'll make you." She raised her wand

"That's illegal, it's against wizarding law!" Hermione shouted pushing forward only to get pulled back.
"What Cornelius don't know won't hurt him." She aimed her wand at Harry. Y/n's heart lurched as she stepped forward instinctively, crabbe letting her go letting lose on accident,  placing herself in harm's way. Harry grabbed her arm, panic etching his features.

"No, Y/n! Get back!" He screamed in panick as he stood up.

But it was too late. The curse shot out from Umbridge's wand, hitting Y/n square in the chest. The pain seared through her, blinding her with agony. Yet, even in her agony, she saw Harry desperately reaching out, his hand extended towards her.
Harry's voice shook with desperation. "Please, stop this, professor!"
Umbridge sneered, delighting in their suffering.  "Tell her Harry!" Hermione shouted "for y/ns sake!" "Tell me what?!" Umbridge stopped the spell leaving Y/n gasping for air. "Dumbledores secret weapon" Hermione looked down at her bestfriend.

Harry held y/n close in his arms. "I'm so sorry, Y/n," he whispered, his voice cracking. Y/n put her Hand on his cheek. "H-hey don't blame yourself, ever. We're in this together and I'm always gonna be here." He nodded as me kissed her lips passionately. "I love you." He said kissing her head. "I love you too! Now go get your godfather" she whispered