chapter 41.

Tubbo's pov*

I was starring at Ranboo in class again today and he looks like he's in pain.. I'll ask him about it when the bell rings.

''And what happens when you add this liquid to the powder in the beaker, Tubbo?" The teacher asked. Damn it I don't know.

"I- uh I don't know sir." I say as I look down. "Pay attention next time." He says and continues on with the lesson.

And did I pay attention? Hell no! I could care fucking less.

Ranboo passed me a note when the teacher wasn't looking, it had tear stains on it.

Tubbo I'm in pain, it hurts so bad but I don't want people to freak out. I've been over hiding my tail as a "punishment" my dad is giving me and it hurts. I want to scream but I can't, I can lose my tail like this but I have to do it. It feels like I'm dying, every few minutes I get sharp pains that shoot up my back and down my legs.

I looked up at him and he was squeezing his waist. He raised his hand.

"May I use the restroom?" He asked. "Yes, row four you may go to the restroom if needed." I got up and followed him to see what was going on.

When I got there the last stall door was locked and I heard muffled crying from the other side. I looked under the door and Ranboo was in the corner crying.

I crawled under and he jumped, I guess not noticing me. I hugged him and he cried harder. "It h-hurts and I can't unhide it." "You can unhide it now, no one is in here but me." I said.

He nodded. He squeezed his eyes shut and concentrated. "Ahh!" He yelled. His tail popped up and swayed back in forth on the floor. "Ow! Ow ow!" He said. He hugged me tight and tried to hold back tears.

"Boo, it's ok. Does it still hurt?" I asked. He nodded and tried to hide it again. "No, no, no! Don't hide it again! Stay in here for a little bit while you give it a chance to stop hurting." I said. I sat down beside him and held his hand.

"It's ok, I promise." I say comfortingly. "No- it's not, what if he finds out? I- I can't lose my tail it's the only thing I have left of my mom.. I can't." "Then you can come to my house after school." I said. He shook his head. "I'm grounded. And if he finds out that I did this then he'll kill me, I have to hide it again."

"Then hide it, but if it starts hurting too bad again please come to my house." He nodded and hid it again. He winced at the pain but got up. "Hey! We have like thirty minutes left so it won't be long until we can leave." I said.

He put on a big smile that I could tell was fake before walking out. I stopped on my way out and got some water, then started following him back to class. I sat down and watched him closely to make sure that he would be ok.

Later on the bell rang and we got up after packing up and went into the hallway. And guess who showed up after almost a month of not seeing him?

Aidan.

"Ranboo, Tubbo! Where ya going? Long time no see." We ignored him and kept walking as usual. He threw something at us and it hit Ranboo's lower back causing him to squeeze his sides as he bent over.

"What the fuck!" I yelled. "Oh come on that really hurt him? Can you believe that?" He asked me. "Yes I can believe that! He's been hurting all day so what do you expect him to do? Walk it off like nothing happened?!"

He stood in silence for a moment before Ranboo cut him off. "No, no. I deserve that, it's ok." I looked at him in disbelief. How could he say that about himself?

"C'mon Tubbo, I'm going to your house." He said reaching his hand out for me. "No! Wait, Ranboo I'm sorry-" "it's too late to apologize Aidan, but I forgive you anyway." Ranboo said as we walked away.

When we got to my house he opened the door for me and we walked in. "Home away from home.." He said. He sounds sad. My heart ached, it hurts me when he's sad.

I didn't know what to do, I hugged him. "Hey bee, how are ya?" He asked. "I'm ok.. But are you?" I asked. "No, not really.. But I will be." He said. He went upstairs and put his bag down.

"Hey bee, do you think you can do my homework for me? I promise it'll be this once." He said. "Yeah I'll do it! I don't mind."  I said. "Thank you." He said.

He whined softly and tightened up. "Ranboo unhide your tail, you can do it here." I said. "No, I can't. I'll be fine." He said. I sighed knowing he wouldn't but I didn't want to argue.

Besides, it'll probably come out on it's own in his sleep. But if it doesn't then I'll make him unhide it. "Mmmhhmm..." He hummed. I was getting frustrated with him, if it's causing him this much pain then why doesn't he unhide it? He's safe here.. What's going on?

After a while I was finally done with our homework and put it in our bags. I looked up at Ranboo to find that he was sleeping. I climbed in bed hoping not to wake him up.

As I was about to fall asleep I felt his tail wrap around my leg and pull it over his. I smiled and fell asleep, I guess it does have a mind of it's own.