quality time

age: 14
setting: rhode island

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a regular Tuesday night, and I was in my bedroom reading a book on my bed. I was reading "The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo" by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Whenever I start a book, it's hard to stop reading it. I get so caught up in the narrative, that I get swooped into a trance that makes me forget about the whole world around me.

But that trance didn't last for much longer, because I heard a rhythmic knocking on my door. "You can come in mom" I said. I could tell it was her because of the way she knocked. She'd knocked on my door the way Annna knocks on Elsa's door.

She opened the door and sat in my egg chair looking at me and smiling.
I looked up from my book and shot her a confused look.

"Mom?" I asked. I was expecting her to say something when she first came in the room. She doesn't usually just walk in and sit in my chair in silence.

"So, I was thinking, how about tomorrow you and I could spend the day together? We could do whatever you'd like! I figured since I'm going on tour soon, we should hang out. I know your coming on tour with me, but we probably won't get a lot of quality time together. What do you say, huh?"

I smiled brightly at this. "Of course I would! But I have school tomorrow"

"Don't worry about that, baby. I'll call them up tomorrow and say that there's a problem with your computer or something. I'll just ask them to send you the work later."

This made me even happier. I got up from my bed to go give her a big hug. We don't usually go out alot together, so I'm really glad that we are.

"So y/n, what would you like to do?" She asked, whilst I propted myself up onto the egg chair aswell so that I was sat next to her. She had her left arm around me, whilst my head was leaning on her shoulder.

"Well I have this idea that we could get up early tomorrow, before sunrise, and get in the car, and drive to mcdonalds and starbucks, and then drive to the cliffside looking out onto the beach, and we could open the car boot and sit in it with blankets and pillows, and we could eat and paint and watch the sunrise!" I said out quickly.

"Woah, have you had this thought for a while?" She asked

"Uh- yeah, kinda," I said with a slight chuckle "I've been wanting to do this for a while with you."

"How come you've never asked?"

"I didn't think you'd really want to do that with me." I replied

"Of course I would! We are definitely doing that tomorrow" She said whilst stroking my hair. I looked up at her and smiled again. "But what else should we do? We have the whole day together." She asked

"Hmm... I'm not really sure"

"How about we go shopping! I know how much you love it." She requests.

"You'd want to do that?! Usually if I want to buy something, you just tell me to try buy it online." I asked, shocked again

"Well, I haven't actually gone shopping with you for a while, and I miss it. I think the last time I went on a shopping spree with you, you were still into unicorns and rainbows" She said with a giggle.

"Oh my gosh, tomorrow is going to be awesome, Mom! I love you so much" I said, sitting up a bit more so I could look at her better. I saw she was smiling so wide

"Haha, I love you too, darling" We embrace in a tight hug.

I went to bed feeling great, and I was so excited for the next day.

The next day

The next morning, I woke up extra early. I grabbed some blankets and pillows, and layed them in the car. I also placed some watercolour paints and paper in the backseats. I was so excited.

I opened my mom's door to see her getting up from bed. "Hey baby" She said looking up at me.

"Hey Mom!" I said. She opened her arms open for me so that I could give her a hug. "I've set up the car and everything already!"

"Perfect! I'm almost ready to go, we are going in our pajamas, right?" She asked.

"I thought we were" I shrugged.

"Well in that case, I'm already to go!"

"Me too!" I said "Wait, let me just get your purse" I walked over to her chest of drawers and handed it to her.

"Ah, what would I do without you?" She sighed and we both walked out to the car.

We drove to a starbucks drive-through first and got some iced coffee's, and then drove down to a mcdonalds drive-through for egg mcmuffins. We don't really like the coffee at mcdonalds.

We then drove to the beach cliff and opened the car boot. "Wow y/n, this looks awsome!" my mom said.

We sat there and ate, painted and talked, all whist watching the sun rise. God, it was so beautiful. We both tried to paint the cats, but they looked more like aliens.

After that, we drove home and got ready to go shopping. I wore some light blue cargo jeans, with one of my moms black reputation hoodies. I aslo wore some Jordan pandas.

When we got to the mall, we went into so many shops. My mom bought me heaps of clothes, new nike shoes, some jewelry, and some makeup and skincare form sephora and ulta. Surprisingly, my mom didn't get noticed at all. As far as I know, there was nobody taking pictures of us, or asking her for autographs.

We got home my mom asked me whether she should bake her famous cookies or brownies.

"Definitely not the cookies" I said. She frowned slightly and tilted her head.

"Why not the cookies?" She asked

"Mom, the last few times you've baked cookies I've ended up sick for the next days."

"Tsk Tsk Tsk, don't lie y/n, that must've been something else" she tutted and shook her head.

"I swear mom, i must be allergic to something you put in the cookies" I said in a laugh. I think she was in denial over the fact her cookies weren't that great.

"Are you allergic to awesomeness?" She asked

I immediately burst out laughing. She joined in too.

"Mom, I love your brownies, they feel so nostalgic to me, could you pretty please make them?" I asked.

"Yeah, Yeah, of couse baby"

Whilst she was baking, I was giving her a try on haul with everything she had bought me that day.

After the cookies were done, we sat on the couch, and fell asleep watching gilmore girls.

Whilst I was drifting off to sleep, I heard her kiss my cheek, and whisper softly into my ear.

"I love you to the moon and to saturn darling. I hope you've had the best day ever"

The next morning when I woke up, I saw that my Mom had framed the paintings of our alien cats we had made yesterday on the wall.

AU:
I know this one was so long, but I had alot to write. Anyway, this is my first Taylor imagine, so I hope you enjoyed it.

If you have any requests, just pop them in the comments :)))

love you lots ♡