regret

requested by halsmaximoff

age: 14
setting: rhode island

TRIGGER WARNING: SLIGHT MENTION OF EATING DISORDER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was my first day at my new school. I had moved from Tennessee to Rhode Island during the spring break, and so I knew nobody at my new school, or even the town I live in. And transferring schools mid year sucks ass.

This morning had all gone to plan. I woke up feeling refreshed, I had a nice shower, I feel good in what I'm wearing, and my mom made me waffles for breakfast. It was the perfect morning of a first day.

I was wearing blue cargo jeans with a sage green crop top, a slightly oversized grey zip up hoodie, and some black converse high tops.

My mom pulled up to the drop off part of the school car park.

"Ok y/n, do you have everything you need?" My mom asked.

"Yes mom, I ticked off the whole checklist last night" I replied.

"Alright, I just wanted to check. I know how forgetful you are."

"I know Mom, I guess I gotta get going now" I said with a sigh. She looked at me sadly.

"Have a good day love," She gave me a hug "I love you"

"I love you too mom" I grabbed my biege backpack and swung it over my shoulder. I opened the door and was about to step out when suddenly I felt a hand touch mine. I looked back and saw my mom with watery eyes.

"I'm gonna be fine mom" I said smiling at her. She nodded and accepted it, let go off my hand, and wiped her eyes. She's always really worried about me. In my last few schools I had been bullied because people found out I was adopted by Taylor Swift.

I walked up to the building, took a deep breath, and walked in. It was alot bigger than my last school.

I could already see the different cliques. I made my way to a lady at a table in the middle of the hallway, who gave me my schedules and a map of the school.

I had maths first, then art, english literature, gym class, and finally, physics. A pretty bad day if you ask me.

The lady also gave me my locker code and number. Locker 108 with code 1321. The locked I was currently by was only locker 5. Great.

I started to walk up abit till I got to locker 100. I could either go left or right. My gut told me to go right, and surprisingly, my gut was right.

I found my locker and put some of my things in it.

Suddenly, I heard the bell ring. "Shit" I thought to myself. Looking down at the map, I released that my maths room was on the other side of the school.

I hurried quickly to try and get there on time. I opened the door swiftly and the class went silent. All eyes were on me. The lesson had already started.

"God, could this get anymore embarrassing?" I thought to myself.

"You must be Y/n Swift" The teacher said. A few students gasped and murmured to each other.

"Yep" I nodded.

"Well, it's lovely to meet you, even if you are quite late"

"I'm so sorry, I don't really know my way around the sch-"

"Doesn't matter for now," He cut me off "Just go sit at the back next to..." He looked around, winced slightly "Stefania, I suppose."

I followed his eyes and saw a girl smiling at me. She had dark brown eyes with light blonde hair which was secured in two braids. She waved at me.