kitty

requested by natezza

age: 3
setting: tennessee (this is set whilst andrea was sick and just after she adopted kitty)

ALSO, LONG TIME NO UPDATE 😍😍

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, Taylor was talking Y/n to Andrea's house for the first time in a while. Andrea invited them over since she had just gotten a new dog.

Y/n was so excited as she and Taylor arrived at Andrea's house. The two of them walked up the steps to the front door, hand in hand.

"Mummy! Mummy! Please can I ring the door bell?" Y/n asked, looking up at her mother.

"Of course, sweetie." Taylor picked Y/n up so that she could reach the bell, and leaned in as Y/n rung it. She then let Y/n stand on her own two feet considering how excited and jumpy she was.

A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Grandma!" Y/n squealed, instantly running into Andrea's arms. Andrea had already crouched down to make it easier for Y/n's toddler sized body.

"Why hello, Y/n/n!" Andrea cooed back.

But when Taylor noticed how her mother stumbled back slightly when Y/n hugged her.

"Y/n! Be careful with Grandma." Taylor scolded.

"I'm sorry Grandma" Y/n said with a frown, immediately feeling bad.

"Really, it's no problem, Tay. You don't have to worry about me." Andrea reassured her daughter. She then turned to Y/n and pulled a playfully shocked face. "And as for you, my! You look beautiful today Miss Y/n!" She tried to change the conversation quickly, not wanting to talk about her cancer diagnosis with Y/n listening.

Andrea gave her granddaughter a kiss on the cheek, making Y/n giggle.

"Thank you for saying that" Y/n blushed, hiding her face in her grandmother's hair.

"And Taylor! Oh, I haven't seen you in ages! Come here, hun" Andrea motioned for Taylor to hug, which she obviously complied.

But the hug was interrupted by the loud bark of a dog, which made Taylor jump out of her mother's arms in surprise.

"What was that? " Y/n asked worried, instantly hiding behind Taylor's legs.

"Remember, sweetie, I told you Grandma got a pet dog. " Taylor reminded Y/n. She tried to comfort her daughter whilst still facing her mother, poking her head around to see where the dog was.

The humongous dog burst into the hallway where they were standing, it's ears perked up and tail wagged from excitement. With a burst of energy, the dog dashed towards Y/n, causing the toddler to hide further behind Taylor. The dog must've really wanted to see Y/n, because it started following her around.

Y/n started to cry, scared of the huge size of the dog. Instantly sensing her daughter's distress, Taylor swooped in, scooping Y/n up into a warm hug.

"It's alright, sweetheart," Taylor soothingly whispered, planting a gentle kiss on Y/n's forehead. "Kitty is a gentle and friendly dog. There's nothing to be scared of."

"She's quite big, but she has a big heart!" Andrea chimed in.

"Kitty?" Y/n questioned the name, pulling a comically confused face. She knew that whatever kind of human-sized, furry creature she was looking at was most definitely not a kitty cat.

Andrea couldn't help but laugh at her granddaughter's face. "Yep! The name fits her well!"

Somehow at her young age, Y/n could sense the sarcasm, and laughed it off.

Y/n clung onto Taylor. After a few reassuring moments, Y/n's fear began to die down. She then felt curious to get closer to the dog, since she was so used to being around cats. With Taylor's hand firmly held, they approached Kitty, who wagged her tail in delight. Slowly, Taylor guided Y/n's hand in front of the dog, allowing Kitty to sniff it in greeting.

Kitty started to lick Y/n's hand, which freaked the little girl out. She backed away quickly and shot Kitty an evil glare.

"Y/n/n, why don't you go find Uncle Aussie whilst me and your mommy go to the kitchen, yeah? " Andrea suggested softly, cooeing for the dog to come towards her.

Y/n thought about it for a second, but then nodded her head quickly. She always liked hanging out with her Uncle Aussie.

"Okay!" She aggreed joyfully, running away through the hallways until she reached the living room, where Austin was sat on the couch, scrolling on his phone. "Uncle Aussie!" She exclaimed, running up to him and jumping onto his lap.

"Y/n/n!" He exclaimed back, picking her up from his lap and throwing her in the air lightly then tickling her as she fell into his arms. Y/n fell into a giggling fit as she continued playing and babbling to Austin.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Taylor and her mother were discussing all things to do with Andrea's current medical treatments.

After a while, the house got quieter. Austin had put on Monsters Inc for Y/n, but fell asleep halfway through. Y/n couldn't concentrate on the movie with Austin's snoring echoing in her ears, and therefore decided to rest a blanket on her uncle and tip toe out of the room.

Still quietly tiptoeing through the halls and peeking cautiously around corners, Y/n's eyes eventually led her to the cozy corner of a little room with another couch. Nestled in the dog bed, Kitty lay curled up, exhibiting a sweet serenity that instantly tugged at Y/n's tired little soul.

Feeling a drowsy yawn escape her lips, Y/n looked at Kitty's peaceful face and made a decision. Without much hesitation, she climbed into the oversized dog bed, snuggling up against Kitty's warm and furry body. A contented sigh escaped Y/n's lips as she wrapped her tiny arms around the big dog.

Unbeknownst to Y/n, Taylor and Grandma quietly entered the room, witnessing the heartwarming sight before them. Their hearts melted at the sight of their little one.

Taylor, filled with love and tenderness, whispered to Andrea, "Look at them. Who would've thought she'd ever be so peaceful with the dog?"

Andrea nodded, her eyes brimming with tears of joy. "It's incredible how animals have a way of soothing our souls. I knew this dog had something special."

"Yeah, the fact that it's bigger than Y/n as well is just insane."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

HI EVERYONE

AA IM SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A MINUTE, IVE BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND JUST LIFE IN GENERAL

SKSKWKDKCJJSA

BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THAT CHAPTER! I CAN'T PROMISE I'LL BE UPDATING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS BUT I WILL TRY BECAUSE I LOVD YOU LOT

ALSO, SEEING THE ERAS TOUR MOVIE TOMORROW 🤪🤪

OKIE NOW, BYE BYE LOVE YOUUU <3333