coming out

age: 15
setting: rhode island

i would say, roughly, about 97% of you lot wanted y/n to be gay, and i don't blame you. so here you go😘😘😘

btw i originally wrote this from y/n's pov, but then changed it to the third person because i kept reusing the same words over and over again 🤚😒 i checked to see if there were any perspective mistakes, and i think i got rid of them all. but i might've missed one or two, not sure tbh🤪🤪

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n stared at her reflection in the bathroom mirror, taking deep breaths to calm her racing heart. Today was the day she had decided to come out to her mum. She had spent countless nights going over this moment in her head, rehearsing what she would say, and trying to imagine her mum's reaction.

It's not like she was scared. Y/n knew that Taylor wouldn't judge her or love her any less just because of who she's attracted to. We're talking about the same person who wrote 'You Need To Calm Down'. It was just a really big moment, and she didn't want to tell her at the wrong time.

As Y/n walked down the hallway, she could hear the faint sound of her mother humming in the kitchen. The smell of freshly baked cookies filled the air, a familiar nostalgic scent. She was by the kitchen counter, mixing the cookie batter all together. Y/n approached her cautiously, unsure of how to begin, but she knew she had to be honest with her. Probably pretty straight forward aswell.

"M-Mum," Y/n stammered, her voice trembling. Taylor turned around and smiled warmly, her blue eyes lighting up with affection. The sight of her comforting presence made Y/n feel slightly better about the situation.

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?" she asked, placing a gentle hand on her daughter's shoulder. Taking a deep breath, Y/n mustered the courage to speak her truth.

"I... I like girls, Mum," She finally managed to say, her voice barely above a whisper. It felt like an eternity as she waited for her response, the weight of her words hanging heavily in the air.

Taylor's eyes widened for a split second, but she didn't seem too suprised.

"Okay?" She replied, expecting Y/n to say more.

"Wait is that it?" Y/n asked, maybe just a bit disappointed that her reaction was so boring.

"What? It's not like I couldn't tell," She chuckled. But instead of reacting negatively, she smiled, squeezing Y/n's shoulder reassuringly. "But thank you for trusting me enough to share that, sweetheart," she said, her voice filled with genuine love and understanding.

A mix of relief and confusion washed over Y/n. Was the closet that see through that my own mother could see through it?

She pulled her into a tight embrace, letting her warmth and love envelop her daughter. Once she stepped back, she held Y/n's hands and looked at her reassuringly. "You are my daughter, and I will always love and support you unconditionanlly," she whispered, her voice laden with sincerity. Tears of relief and happiness filled Y/n's eyes as she hugged her again, feeling an immense weight lifted off her shoulders.

"Thanks Mum," She said, closing her eyes and holding her mum tighter.

"Of course, honey," She replied, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Can you maybe not tell anyone yet though?" Y/n asked "I mean, I'll tell Joe, but I'd rather do that a different day. The same with Grandma and Uncle Aussie."

"If you'd rather me not tell anything, then I won't. It's up to you to decide when you're ready to tell them and how. Do you want to help me with the cookies?"

"Yeah!"

They started to grab some of the cookie dough, just about to roll them into little balls and flatten them onto the baking tray.

"Wait, I have an idea!" Y/n said, leaving the cookie dough to go look into the cabinets, trying to find the old alphabet cookie cutters we used to use when she was younger. "Ah! Found it." she whispered to herself.

"Hm?" Taylor hummed, trying to figure out what her daughter had gotten. "Letters?" She queried, one eyebrow raised above the other when she saw the cutters.

"I think I'm going to tell Joe with cookies." Y/n said nonchalantly.

Taylor opened her mouth to say something, but then decided not to say anything. She shrugged in a way which said, 'well, whatever floats your boat'

Y/n giggled at the reaction, and asked her mother to help spell out "Y/n is a homosexual" out of cookies. They also made a few hearts and stars, and some regular shaped cookies.

Once they finished and put the baking tray in the oven, Y/n and Taylor sat on stools at the kitchen island.

"So, Y/n, do you have any crushes I should know about?" Taylor asked.

"Mummm" Y/n whined out of embarrassment.

"Oooh, I think someone has a little crush!" Taylor teased, poking at Y/n, who was blushing hard.

"Maybe" She giggled, looking down at her fingers.

"What's their name?"

"Her name is Harlow." Y/n blushed

"Harlow? Pretty name, how do you know her?"

"She's kind of new to the school, but she sits next to me in English. And she's kind, and sweet, and smart, and really, really pretty. Angelically beautiful. She must've been sculpted by the greek gods. I- I think she likes me back, or at least I think she likes girls. I mean, she made me a playlist on Spotify and sent it to me, which is like, one of the gayest things a girl could do. She literally called the playlist Thinking of You, and the whole thing was full of love songs! " Y/n rambled on and on about her crush.

"Well have you made a move yet?" Taylor laughed out at her daughter's enthusiasm.

"Not yet... I think I might soon."

The two continued talking about Y/n's crush, until they hear the timer go off and took the cookies out of the oven.

They looked at the cookies, proud of their cookie-baking skills. Y/n layed out the alphabet cookies on a plate that they set aside for when Joe got back home. Taylor even took a picture of Y/n holding the plate of cookies in her left hand, and a thumbs up in her right.

When Joe came back home, he saw what the cookies spelt out and thought it was hilarious. His reaction was the same as Taylor's, obviously very accepting, and very interested in Y/n's love life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

HIIIII

i hope you guys enjoyed that :)

also, can i just thank you for over 40k reads???? hello???? that's crazy!!!

im really trying to upload more i swear 🤚😭 i just have a teeny weeny writers block atm😒😒

okie now, byebyeeeeee

love youuuu