comfort

requested by reginald-george

age: 16
setting: rhode island

long time no see, huh😏
IM BACK BITCHES🤩🤩

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n twisted and turned in her bed, her breaths coming in gasps as her hair clung to her forehead. She jolted awake from a heart-thumping nightmare, disoriented and frightened.

She quickly tried to calm herself, taking deep breaths and focusing on her breathing and surroundings.

But it was too quiet, too lonely. "God, I haven't had a nightmare since I was like, 11. Why is this happening to me?" She thought to herself, sighing and wiping her hair away from her face.

As Y/n looked around her bedroom, memories from her early childhood resurfaced, memories of going to her mother Taylor whenever she had a bad dream.

In those moments, Taylor would hold her close, soothing away her fears and offering a safe haven in her own bed. But now, at her age, those dreams had become a distant memory, something she believed she had outgrown.

However, on this particular night, the fear felt vivid and real, causing Y/n to contemplate seeking her mother's comfort once again.

Y/n swung her legs over the edge of her bed, the cold floor sending shivers up her spine, but she shook that off.

She made her way through the dimly lit hallway, her steps timid and unsure, cringing everytime she'd hear the floorboards creak, as if she's not about to wake her mother up.

Hesitating for a moment, Y/n took a deep breath and gently knocked on the door. The sound resonated in the quiet room, stirring Taylor from her sleep. But there was no reply.

So Y/n decided to just walk in. She saw Taylor sleeping peacefully, and tip-toed over to the other side of the double bed. She stood there awkwardly watching her mother sleep, too afraid to wake her up.

"Mum.." She whispered, but there was still no response, only just the sounds of Taylor's soft snores.

"Muuumm..." She whispered again, in a more awkward sing-songy voice.

After a few more failed attempts, Y/n decided to quit the whispering and just say her name normally. "Mum."

"Huh?!" Taylor chockod out in a snore, startled as her eyes flashed open. It was so abrupt that Y/n actually flinched.

With confusion, Taylor squinted at her daughter standing there.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Taylor asked, her voice croaking at tired, but filled with concern.

Silent tears welled in Y/n's eyes as she told her mother. "I- I had a bad dream, Mum." She stammered out. "Can I uh, can I stay with you?"

Without hesitation, Taylor nodded and grabbed the covers and lifted them up, signalling for Y/n to go lay there with her. "Of course, Y/n. You don't even need to ask, you know that."

Y/n got into the bed and nuzzled up to her mother, laying her head on Taylor's arm.

"Aw, Y/n," Taylor cooed sympathetically, noticing that she was crying. She used her thumb to wipe away her daughter's tear drops, and kissed her forehead lovingly. "Shh... it's okay now, I'm here for you, sweetheart. You're safe," Taylor murmured, her voice filled with warmth and reassurance.

She gently stroked Y/n's hair, just as she had when Y/n was a young child. The familiar rhythmic motion began to calm Y/N's racing heart.

As the minutes ticked by, Y/n's trembling ceased. Her head was resting upon Taylor's chest, listening to the steady thump of her heartbeat, soothing her back into tranquility.

After Y/n fell back asleep, Taylor was still processing what just happened. She had thought that she'd never be able to hold her daughter to sleep again, and that those days of Y/n finding comfort like that in her arms was long gone.

Tears formed in Taylor's eyes as she realized the strength and trust it took for Y/n to seek her comfort once again. Sure, Y/n was growing up fast, but Taylor was so grateful for moments like these. Moments where Y/n would go back to being that little girl who couldn't bear being away from her mother for more than a millisecond.

Taylor continued to reminisce the days of Y/n's childhood until she ended up falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

GUYS IM SO SORRY THIS ONE IS SO SHORT 😭🤚

question for you lot, would you guys rather have like, one chapter with about 4000 words, or the same thing but in two parts, so like, two chapters? basically, do you prefer reading in a big ass chunk or in slightly smaller sections?

just asking out of curiosity, definitely don't have a mini story planned within this book 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 why would you even think that?😒😒😒😒😒😒

😏

anyways

i know i say the EVERY time, but i swear im gonna try post more. ive had family shit going on, and problems with this girl i like, AND my french teacher enjoys torturing me with homework 🤩🤩

ANDDD I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING ABOUT 1989TV BC I HAVEN'T POSTED ANYTHING 🤪🤪 BUT AGGGHHH IT'S SO GOOD I AM IN LOVE😍😍

i hope you all have a good night/day/whatever time it is whilst you're reading this 🤪

love you lots and lots and lots

byeeee