thanksgiving

age: 4
setting: tennessee

HEY BESTIES

aight so basically, i don't celebrate thanksgiving bc like, im british, so if i get anything wrong or miss out important traditions or smth, please just remember that i obviously have no experience with thanksgiving at alll🤪🤪

this one is pretty short btw😍😍 still tryna write the extremely long chapter i was talking about in the last one 🤪🤪

enjoyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wakey wakey!" Taylor cooed, stroking the hair away from her daughter's face. She was knelt on the side of her bed, trying to wake her up for the holiday.

"Hm?" Y/n stirred, still asleep.

"C'mon, Princess. You gotta wake up." She whispered, smiling at how adorable her daughter looked. She was snuggled up in her duvet, one arm sprawled by her head, the other holding her stuffed animal.

"I don't wanna wake up." Y/n murmured.

"But it's thanksgiving, sweetie. Know what that means?"

The little girl suddenly became very wide awake. "Gramma and Grampa?" She asked with wide, bright eyes.

Taylor giggled, loving how Y/n was never not excited to see her grandparents. "Mhm! And they'll be coming very soon, so we have to get up and get dressed."

"Okay!" Y/n replied gleefully, getting out of her bed.

Taylor reached out a hand for her to hold, and Y/n wrapped her little hand around the pointer and middle fingers.

They walked over to Y/n's wardrobe. It was an obnoxiously large closet for a 4 year old, but Taylor loved to spoil her daughter and dress her up as cute as can be.

"Do you have any idea on what you want to wear today?" Asked Taylor, looking down at the girl.

"Hmm," Y/n thought for a minute, walking around and dragging her mother with her. "Thid dress!"

She pointed to an orangey-brown corduroy overall dress hanging up, and jumped a few times.

"Good idea, Y/n." Taylor reached up to grab the dress and then went to find some tights and a white long sleeve t-shirt, that had little pumpkins dotted all over. She also found some black ballet pumps for Y/n.

After dressing her, Taylor raced Y/n to her own walk in closet, which had a vanity in it. She swung her daughter into her arms and messed around for a bit, shaking and tickling her.

And once Taylor was tired, which was just a few minutes later, she placed Y/n down at the vanity.

"So Miss Y/n," Taylor started, pretending to be formal whilst playing with Y/n's hair. The little girl fell into a fit of laughter at the way her mother was speaking. It was posh. "What shall I do with your hair today?"

"Spiders!" Y/n squealed out in excitement, smiling at her mum through the mirror.

Taylor immediately knew what she meant, and so agreed to it. She parted the girl's hair into two sections, and made little space bums/pigtails. She even tied two little ribbons around her hair, forming a bow at both pigtails.

After they had both completely finished getting ready, Taylor let Y/n go into the playroom and play with her lego for a bit. After all, Taylor really did need to start cooking, and cooking a feast was pretty hard with a 4 year old.

A little while later, Y/n bounced into the kitchen, where Taylor was busy preparing a feast. The smell of roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, and warm apple pie filled the air, instantly putting a smile on Y/n's face.

"Mama, it smells amazing in here!" Y/n exclaimed, her voice filled with excitement.

Taylor turned around, wearing an apron splattered with flour. She couldn't help but chuckle at her daughter's infectious enthusiasm. "Thank you, sweetheart! I'm thrilled too. But before we gobble up all this delicious food, there's something special we need to do."

Y/n's eyes lit up, curiosity overpowering her. "What is it, Mama? Tell me!"

Taylor grinned mischievously, a twinkle in her eyes. "We're going to make personalized place cards for our guests. It's a little surprise to make them feel extra special!"

Y/n clapped her hands excitedly. "Oh, that sounds fun, Mama! Can we use glitter?"

Taylor laughed, realizing she had inherited her daughter's love for all things sparkly. "Absolutely, sweetheart. Let's go get the glitter!"

The two of them gathered various art supplies, including glitter, markers, and colored paper. Y/n's imagination soared, coming up with whimsical drawings adorned with colorful feathers and shiny sequins.

Some cards had turkeys on them, others had pumpkins, and for some reason, a few had an attempt at a drawing of Snow White on them.

"These are amazing, Y/n/n!," Taylor praised, her voice filled with admiration. "You've made our Thanksgiving table look even more beautiful."

Y/n blushed, a mix of joy and shyness washing over her. "Thank you, Mama. I wanted everyone to feel special."

Taylor pulled Y/n into a warm embrace, whispering words of love and pride into her ear. "You always have a way of making people feel special, sweetie. Never lose that."

The doorbell chimed, signaling the arrival of their guests. Taylor and Y/n hurriedly set the table, carefully placing the personalized place cards in their designated spots.

Y/n managed to greet all of them, and everyone found it adorable.

As friends and family trickled into the dining room, their faces lit up with surprise and delight as they discovered the unique cards made just for them.

Y/n beamed with joy. "Look, Mama! Everyone loves their pictures!"

Taylor nodded, her eyes misty with emotion as she scanned the room filled with laughter and love. "You did an incredible job, Y/n."

As the day progressed, the room filled with the sound of delightful conversations, clinking glasses, and the occasional burst of laughter. Taylor and Y/n sat side by side, and Taylor made sure to include her in every conversation.

Before tucking Y/n into bed that night, Taylor whispered softly, "Thank you for making this Thanksgiving so special, sweetheart. You mean the world to me, and I'm grateful for every moment we share together."

Y/n snuggled closer, her voice softening. "I love you, Mama. Thank you for being the best mummy ever."

With a gentle kiss on Y/n's forehead, Taylor whispered, "I love you more than words can express, my little one. To the moon and to Saturn, forever and always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

WOOOOO

i hope you guys enjoyed this one 🥲 i thought it was really cute

anyways, i gotta start writing more angsty shit, i just don't really know what. so like, please request anything that y'all want 😍😍

i hope you guys have a good day, whether you celebrate thanksgiving or not🤪

just know that you are loved and i am thankful that YOU exist

okie byebyeeeee