peace

age: 14
setting: rhode island

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was summer break, and I was sat on my balcony whilst painting with water colours. I was painting the view infront of my. My bedroom balcony looked out to the ocean It was such a beautiful sight. The sun glistening over the blue sea. Peacefull waves slowly coming into shore. I could hear the birds singing and smell the salt air.

My mom walked into my bedroom and out onto the balcony. She had two small bowls of chopped up watermelon and put them on the table. She sat down on the deck chair next to me and just smiled. I looked up to see her and the watermelon.

"Thanks mom!" I said, grabbing a piece of watermelon.

"No problem hun" She watched me concentrate on my painting. She didn't really want to interrupt me. But she loved spending time with me, even if it was just her observing what I was doing. I had been hanging out with my friends alot more, and she had been back and forth from events all over the country.

"Mom," I said and stopped painting. She looked at me, clueless, like she had been awoken from a chance. I giggled "Would you like to paint something?" I asked her

"No it's okay, I don't want you wasting your paper on me. I know it costs more than normal paper." she replied. I tore out a bit of paper from my sketchbook anyway and handed it to her. I knew she actually did want to.

"Thanks babe" She smiled. She wet the brush and was about to dip it in a colour, but then stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Hmm, I don't know what to paint"

"Well, what's in your brain right now? I always try to either paint what I see in my brain or with my eyes" I said in a shrug.

She nodded and started to paint. I saw her dip the brush on the red paint, then smiled and went back to my painting.

We didn't really talk, instead, just listening to the nature sounds around us. It was really relaxing.

About an hour later, I had finished my painting. I sighed and cocked my head to the side, checking the painting to see if it needed any final touches.

"Okay, I'm done" I said proudly. I looked at my mom who looked at my painting.

"Wow y/n! That looks outstanding!" She said. She seemed genuinely surprised at ny art work.

"Thanks mom, can I see yours?" I asked

"Alright, but just don't laugh" she warned me.

"I won't mom, don't worry, it can't be that bad"

She shook her head and held the piece of paper up.

My jaw dropped and a smile started to form. She had drew a piece of watermelon, with arms and legs, but a face of a cat. The cat watermelon thing was sunbathing on a lilac water floatie in the middle of the ocean. I couldn't help but laugh.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"I love it mom!" I replied, still laughing.

"Don't judge my brain" She said defensively

"I'm sorry, its just so random," I was in pits of laughter. "When I said to draw something in your brain, I didn't think you would dig this deep into your brain. I thought you were going to paint a guitar or something"

"I guess it is a bit funny" She started to laugh aswell.

For the rest of the evening, we watched the sun set over the horizon and talked about books.

At the end of the evening, after the sun had set, we were packing away the painting equipment. My mom grabbed her painting.

"Wait!" I called out

She looked at me confused

"Can I keep that painting?" I asked.

She looked a bit more confused.

"You wanna keep this?"

"Yeah! It would look great in my room," I said "And it holds memories."

She smiled and handed it to me. "Okay sweetie, I'm glad you like it"

I found a thin frame in one of my drawers, and it fitted perfectly with the painting. I then hung it up on my wall.

A/N:

hey guys! i ran out of ideas so i decided to just write and see where it would take me. if you have any requests please please please dm me or put them in the comments. if you liked this chapter than voting for it would help a ton, and if you want more then just save the book! i promise i have more chapters that i will release, dw.

luv ya <3333