chapter 1.

SUMMER OF 1997.

ASHLEY'S POV

here we are, summer is finally arrived, the last bell ringed, which means that school is finally finished, which this also mean no more homeworks or test for months!! I was so happy about that. As soon as i heard the sound of the bell, i got up from my chair and i left school with all my friends and my classmates, not thinking about school again for almost 3 months.
I was finally in the parking searching for my mother 's car - i was blinded by all of the persons of my school throwing in air pieces of papers, and every little thing of school - once i found her car, i waved at my mom and got closer to her and to the car. I left my backpack on the back seats and i sitted on the front seat, closer to my mother.
I immediately noticed that there was something different in her. Her facial expression weren't the same as they always used to be.

« Hey mom, you look kinda worried...
Is everything ok?? did something happend?? » I asked, while sistemating my seat belt.

« Yes, sweetie. It's everything okay. »
She replied, smiling softly.
« But i have a news, and i don't know if you may like it or no. » She added, while she started driving the car.

« Oh.. what is it about? » I asked confused.

« I can't tell it to you right now, i rather tell it to you once we're at home. » She replied again, looking at me, smiling.

We arrived at home 5 minutes later.
I entered in home and I sat in the chair next to the table, followed by my mom doing the same thing.

« So mom, what was the big news that
you had to told to me? is it something i have to be worried about? » I asked, laughing nervously.

« Well, honey, i just got a call from
you brother, Brian. » My mom replied. - my brother Brian was away from home since 1993, for work. He is a singer in a very popular band, the Backstreet Boys.
So i immediately thought about the worst.
I thought that something might have happened to him, or that his career was over... but that new that my mom wanted to talk to me about, wasn't actually something to be worried about it, it was actually pretty cool -

« So, like i was saying before... i got a call from your brother, we discussed about it a lot and i finally made a decision. » I stayed in silent, listening carefully to all of her words, but meanwhile, i was doing a lot of scenarios in my head about different things... like the term "decision" that she just talked about.

decision?? of what kind of decision she
was talking about??

« We have to move in Florida, honey. » I was shocked. I didn't said anything, i just looked at my mother in a very surprised way.

« I thought about this a lot, Ash, and it's better for all of us, especially for the both of us.
You know that my job is not going so well here, i'm having some problems.. i wanna change my life in better, Sweetie.
In plus it's better also for your brother,
don't you think? » She asked me, smiling softly. I couldn't do anything or even say anything, i was just staring at the floor in silence, thinking about all of my friendships, thinking about my friends that i would have lost in one day. But that's was my mother's decision, i couldn't say no to her. Especially if it was a decision that influenced her job.

After some seconds of staring at the floor, i finally got the courage to speak, asking to my mom just one simple thing.

« Where we will stay, mom? » I asked.

« Oh honey, i have already thought about that!
You will stay at Brian's. He said that it's okay for him to have you, and it's not a problem for me. I know you're just 17 years old, and you still need a mother figure by your side.. but with this new work that they gave to me i will be so busy and i wouldn't be home everyday. Also, i think that you're mature enough to learn how to live without your mother.» She replied. I could see that she was sad, she wanted to stay with us so bad but she couldn't.
« But think about the pros! Bri's not alone!
He shares the house with his band mates, so i think you will have so much fun with them!
While about me, i will be just four house far from you, so it's not so far, we will see each other anyways, when i get time.» She tried to fake a smile, but she failed badly.
The thought of living without my mother bothered me a lot, but i had to get through this so i lift my head up and i smiled, nodding to her.

« So, when we will leave? » I asked while i got myself up from the chair.

« Tomorrow. We're leaving tomorrow, Ash.
Woke up for 5:00 am, the plane will leave at 6;50 am. »
My mom says. After her answer, i gave her a quick hug and i went to my bedroom, spending the rest of the day there and starting to package all of my clothes and all of my stuff.

The day passed quickly, i just had a break for eating dinner then i got back to my bedroom.
I took a shower and after, i finally went into bed, falling asleep some minutes after, still being worried about the successive day.