Two - Late For Lunch

(Jessie's P.O.V.)

                      The next morning I woke up, I woke up peacefully. No alarm clock or banging at my door or my phone being blown up by millions of calls or texts. So, basically, it was noon. And I only had one text on my phone, which I opened curiously.

Morning, babe! How about the three of us meet up for lunch? My treat.

It was from Nicki, and it was sent at nine-something. A smile appeared on my face of last night's texting session. I stayed up past midnight talking to her, and getting to know her better. I didn't want this to be a one-time thing or anything like that. She was honestly one of the sweetest people I knew! From afar, she looked like one of them hard-core girls who has a tough exterior to them. You gotta love her.

Wait...it's noon...which means twelve...which means lunch...

Quickly, I hopped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. I'm so so sooo late! They're gonna think I've ditched them or something! After taking a five minute shower, I heard my phone buzz.

Nicks: Where are you?

Ari: JESSSSSSS! WE'RE WAITING! :'(

Nicks: Just tell me if you can't come, kay?

I really wanted to go, because it'll probably be the only time us three could do anything with each other. But, the time's creeping towards one o' clock. They've waited for a long time, probably. So, I slipped on shorts and a shirt, and sat on my bed.

Nicks: So sorry! I have to go! Promo and stuff. Next time?

The corners of my mouth fell. Why couldn't I have woken up earlier?

Ari: Nicki's leaving :'( Still here if you're coming. She already paid for the three of us.

Atleast Ari's there. Surprised she hasn't had anything to do with her album. I texted her, 'I'm coming. Where?' and rushed to my car.

Ari: Olive Garden! :D

As I started my car, I tried to see the bright side of all this: I won't disappoint one of them. But, I disappointed the one who invited me, and that didn't cheer me up any better.

~

Nicks: Where were you, babe?

Me: I am so sorry! I slept in late! If I had known you were taking us out, I would've set an alarm. :(

Nicks: It's okay. When are you free?

Me: Tomorrow?

Nicks: Dinner?

Me: Sounds great. I'll cook.

Nicks: Really? You're so sweet!

Me: It's the least I could do.

Nicks: I'll tell Ari. :)

I slipped my phone away as I attempt in paying attention to my manager. We were having a meeting about my album, saying there needs to be another song up there, then it'll be complete. But, we couldn't think of any.

"...It should be sexy," my manager stated. Murmurs of agreement went around the table.

"Okay. Anything else?" I asked.

"That's the part where you come in!" He smirked.

"Oh. Great. Yayyy," I cheered flatly. How can I come up with another "sexy song" in a short amount of time?

"Fantastic! Meeting over!"

I hurried to walk out and get to my car, so I could finish texting Nicki. It's because I get butterflies and this happy feeling when I do. In person, it's stronger. Way stronger.