Ten - Sick

(Jessie's P.O.V.)

                         The next morning, when I woke up, Ariana was staring at me. She smiled, then kissed my nose.

"Good morning, baby," she said.

"Morning, babe."

Why was I such an idiot? Can anybody answer that? 'Cause I said I liked Ariana back, when I'm with Nicki. Secretly, yeah. But I was still with Nicki, no matter what. But, now that I'm in this, there's no easy way to get out. And I promised to myself that whoever she likes will have a problem if they hurt her. If I hurt her, I will have a problem with myself. I don't break promises. And I don't intend on breaking this one.

"I'm glad I stayed over," Ariana said, stroking my cheek.

"I am too," I tried to swallow the guilt.

"I--"

She back away in a hurry, then got out the bed, and ran into the bathroom, shutting the door. I fell out of bed, and heard noises in the bathroom. Yep, she was throwing up.

I knocked on the door. "Ari? Babe, are you okay?"

What kind of question is that? The girl is puking up her stomach into the toilet!

"I'm coming in," I cautioned, gripping the handle of the door. It pained me to hear her being sick and crying. And it pained me even more to actually see her in this state.

Ariana leaned against the toilet. "Go away, Jess!"

"No. I'm staying."

I pulled her hair back just as another wave of nausea hit her. I rubbed her back in a soothing motion as she cried even harder. The smell hit me, and I wanted to run out, but that wouldn't be very helpful, now would it?

.

"Jess...Jess, I'm done," she said after half an hour of it.

I got up to get a towel and glass of water. Ariana wiped her mouth, then rinsed it with the water. I made her use mouthwash, then I flushed the toilet.

"Are you sick? You looked fine last night," I pointed out.

"I-I don't know. This is the second morning, Jess. I'm scared." She started to cry again, and I held her close.

"Did you eat something bad?"

"N-no. Just salads and water. I don't know what's happening to me!"

"Baby, get some bed rest, okay? Stay here, call in sick for a few days. I want to make sure you're alright. If you still feel sick, I'll take you to a doctor, alright?"

Ariana sniffed. "Okay, Jessie. Thank you."

"Anytime. Now, lets get you into bed."

I picked up Ariana and carried her to my bed. Where I laid her down inside the covers, then covered her up. She smiled up at me, showing her adorable dimples. I was about to say something when my phone rang, Nicki calling.

"Uh, I have to take this," I said, walking out with my phone. Once I was far away from my room, I answered. "Hello?"

"Oh, thank goodness you're okay! Where were you?" Nicki's relieved voice said.

"What? What happened?"

"You didn't respond to any of the six texts I sent. I sound clingy, but I was worried about you. Are you okay? Are you sick? I'll be right over."

"Nicki, I--"

But she hung up before I could say anything. She's coming over here, and she'll see Ariana! I need to move her somewhere else, get her out of my house! Make her be quiet, or...Just leave it alone. Ariana's sick. Nicki will understand in me helping a friend out. Somewhat.

Tossing my phone on the couch, I went back to Ariana. She was on the phone with somebody.

"...Yeah, she's here now. She's looking after me until I get better. She is sweet, I know. Want to talk to her?"

I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion. Ariana mouthed 'my mom', then handed me the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Jessie! Nice to speak to you again," Ariana's mom's cheerful voice sounded on the other end. "I've heard about you two 'clicking' and whatnot. It's all so sweet! Ever since I laid my eyes on you, I knew you'd be perfect for my daughter."

My stomach formed knots at her words. "Th-thank you, Mrs. Grande."

"Now what happened to 'Joan', sweetie?"

"Oh! Um, I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay, it's okay. I want to take you and Ariana out for lunch when she gets better. And I'm so thankful that you're taking care of her. You're such a sweetheart, Jessie."

"Well, I do like her. And I like helping people. So...yeah."

"I'll talk to you later, now can you put my daughter back on."

I handed the phone back to Ariana, and waited for her to wrap up the conversation. They sent their love to each other before hanging up. Ariana smiled at me.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I just wanted to say that Nicki's coming over for me, you can say 'hi' if you want. And we'll be in the living room so we won't bother you. That okay?"

Ariana nodded.

"Need anything?"

"Can I have some juice? Please?"

"What kind? Orange? Grape? Tropical? Peach? Mango? Strawberry? Tangerine? Lemonade? Pineapple--"

"Orange would be just fine. Wow you have a large variety of drinks."

"I also have soda, water, and wine," I joked. But I actually had these.

"Juice is fine," Ari giggled, settling into my bed.

"One juice, coming up!"

I made my way to the kitchen, but a knock on the door interrupted my journey. In the peephole stood Nicki, and she looked quite annoyed. I hurried to open the door, and she frowned at me.

"About time," she muttered, walking past me and sitting on the couch.

Immediately, I apologized. "I'm sorry, baby. I was busy, and--"

"You don't have to explain," she cut me off. "You're mad that I couldn't spend the night with you, huh?"

"No, baby, not at all! I really was busy!" I stood over her as she glared at me. I don't understand why she was so mad. But, now I've given her a reason to hate me. I just can't let her find out.

Smirking, I leaned in and kissed her. She tried to pull away, but I held her head steady. Nicki soon gave up in being mad at me and kissed back.

"Not so mad anymore," I mumbled against her sweet lips.

She kissed me one more time before I pulled away. "I'll be back, baby," I said, going to the kitchen for Ari's juice.

After delivering the drink, and earning a kiss from Ariana, I went back to Nicki. This isn't right. It doesn't even feel right. I don't feel good about this. Even if I did tell Ariana all those things, and thought them myself.

"What was that for?" Nicki asked.

"Oh, Ariana's back there. She's feeling a little sick. You can speak to her if you want."

Nicki smiled at me. "Sure, I'll be right back."

She got up and left to the room Ari was in. My nerves buzzed and tingled at the thought of them two talking to each other. I tried to relax, but knowing that I'm a huge cheater won't let me.

A/N: Filler chapter, sort of. Nicki and Ari talking? Doesn't sound so good, huh?