Seven - Dinner and a Show

*WARNING, SEXUAL CONTENT*

(Jessie's P.O.V.)

After the night I had with Nicki, I wrote the rest of the song easily and named it 'Burnin' Up'. I brought it to the studio, where some finishing touches were done, and everybody loved the song. I recorded it, well most of it, then went home, where I could finally relax. Not.

We had to practice for more performances of Bang Bang, which only had me and Ariana since Nicki was busy with other things. Ariana did a little dance on the side of the stage, which I laughed at.

"What? She really did dance like that!" Ariana said, talking about some girl she saw.

"I'm pretty sure nobody does..." I mimicked what she did, "...that. It looks like you're having a seizure with two broken legs."

Ariana laughed, picking her microphone back up off the stage. I was about to motion for the band to play when my phone rang. Without looking at the caller I.D., I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby," Nicki's voice greeted.

"Nicki!" I exclaimed a little too loudly. Ariana and a few of the crew gave me weird looks. I turned to walk to backstage and out the venue.

"How's rehearsal, babe?" She asked.

"Good. Ari was showing me this dance she saw a girl do. It was pretty funny."

"I bet it was."

I pouted. "I wish you were here."

"I do too. And stop pouting your beautiful lips. You're too cute already."

I blushed at her compliment. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize. It makes you even cuter. So, any plans for tonight?"

"Nope."

"Good. Can I come over? I wanna see you."

"Yes, you can come over. Eight?"

"Eight it is. I have dessert planned already."

My mind couldn't help but think of something else than what was intended. I bit my lip before saying, "So, that means I have to cook?"

"No, babe. I'd thought you would eat there. I can bring over something if you like?"

"Nicki, no. It's okay. I was just confused is all. So, see you at eight?"

"At eight. See you later, baby."

"Okay. 'Bye, babe."

As soon as I hung up, the backstage door to the venue opened, and Ariana's head popped out. She smiled at me once she saw I wasn't on my phone anymore. "Hey, Jess? Wanna grab a bite to eat once we're done?"

Talk about exact timing. "Sure. Is it just us or everybody?"

"Oh, it's me, you, and my mom and brother."

Oh jeez.

~

Immediately after rehearsal, I had to follow Ariana to the restraunt where her mom and brother were waiting. To say I was nervous was an understatement. Ariana had explained that her parents were divorced, and she had a step-dad, but he couldn't make it. What if I make a bad impression? They wouldn't like me, and it would make me feel terrible.

Luckily, I wore something half-decent. It was a dressy shirt with shorts, and my hair was in a ponytail. When we arrived, we slid on our shades and hurried inside. A man led us to the private area of the building, and that's where I saw them. Ariana was a spitting image of her mother, and her half-brother looked so much like her also. We took off our shades when we sat down.