10.

"What do you want Mason?" I ask.

"Come over, babe," he slurs.

"No, Mason, I told you I don't want to be with you anymore, please understand that," Vulnerability is filling up my voice. I feel my throat get tight and my eyes start to water.

I've never been more scared of saying 'No' to someone before. After experiencing what Mason put me through, I never want to leave my house. I never want to put my trust in anyone new.

"You know it was an accident, Ry,"

"Beating me whenever I say 'no' to you isn't an accident, Mason," I almost yell.

"Well when you put it-"

"Please stop calling me, Mason, please," I end the call, hurrying to get inside my moms house.

My mom is at work, so I rush upstairs into my bedroom, falling down on my bed after dropping my duffle bags off next to my bed.

Me: Michael can we FaceTime?

I know I shouldn't be so open to him but I need someone to talk to and I feel like I can talk to Michael even if I haven't met him in person, he seems to care about me and I care about him too. He's really my only friend and I could never talk about this situation with my parents. They just wouldn't understand.

Michael: yeah one sec

I make sure I don't look like a potato or medusa before Michael facetimes me. I hear the ring tone from my phone indicating I am getting a FaceTime call.

"Ryan!" I look at the screen but Michael didn't yell that.

"Sorry, Luke just walked in," Michael apologizes.

"Hi Ryan!" Luke Hemmings face is covering the whole screen as he smiles.

"Hi Luke," I chuckle.

"Get the fuck out, Luke!" Michael shoos him away.

"Sorry," Michael apologizes to me.

"So, you've talked about me with them?" I ask.

"Why not? They're my friends,"

I smile and shrug my shoulders, staring at his beautiful green eyes.

"What are you doing today?" I ask Michael.

"Probably going to stay in since we don't have a show for a few more days," Michael says.

"Sounds nice,"

"Did you get your dress?" He asks.

"Oh.. Yeah I did," I light up because he remembered what I was talking about.

I know I shouldn't make it a big deal but when I say things to someone they most likely don't remember or answer and it makes me so happy that Michael just did.

"Can you show me?"

"Why do you care what my dress looks like?" I laugh nervously.

"Ryan, just show me,"

"Um, okay," I stand up from my bed, turning the camera around to show him the dress hanging up in my closet.

"Cool," he smiles.

We sit in silence for awhile before he speaks up again. "Why'd you have to hang up earlier?"

"Mason was calling me," I tell him.

"Oh," Michael's eyes avert to the floor. "How are you two? You told me you got in an argument one day,"

He remembered that too. Not that it was something I would want him to remember but it is still nice that he did.

"We're fine," I scratch the side of my neck awkwardly, looking anywhere but the camera.

"No you're not,"

I furrow my eyebrows at him. "I can tell something happened, Ryan, your body language is telling me something different than you,"

"We're fine Michael," I shout. "I don't want to talk about him right now, sorry," I apologize.

"It's fine," he sighs.

"Ryan!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs.

"I'll be right back Michael, my mom's home," I put my index finger to tell him to hold on while I exit my room.

I run down the stair and see my mom in the kitchen holding a McDonald's bag.

"You're the best mom in the world!" I tell her, taking the bag and hugging her side.

She just chuckles, walking into the office to put down her work stuff.

"Thanks, mom!" I yell while I walk upstairs with the McDonald's bag and the Diet Coke in my other hand.

I walk into my room but I don't make any noise because Michael's angelic voice is singing. He's singing The Kids Aren't Alright by Fall Out Boy.

"I think you're my best friend, don't you know that the kids aren't all-the kids aren't alright," he sings quietly.

"And I'm yours!" I sing like an opera singer would.

"Ryan, did you hear me singing?" Michael groans.

"Obviously or I wouldn't have helped you finish the lyrics," I smirk, taking a sip of my coke.

"You're mom's awesome," Michael says, referring to my McDonald's.

"I know," I grin, munching on a french fry.

"Ryan ,I have to go, the boys need me for something, I'll text you tonight, okay?"

"Okay, bye," I hit the red button to end our FaceTime.

I just want my concert to come soon so I can finally meet him in person.

~*~

hello

the ending didn't make much sense whoops

thanks for reading

ily all so much!!! :-)