32.

After the show in Mountain View, Michael ran backstage, immediately hugging me as tight as possible.

"I don't want you to go," he whines, swaying our bodies side to side.

"I don't want to go either," I say, feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes.

Nobody has ever made me feel the way Michael has. We may have met over text but we got great memories and an unbreakable bond out of all of it. I feel so good when I'm around Michael or when I'm talking to him. He makes me feel safe.

"When does your flight leave?" He asks, brushing my hair back away from my face.

"I have to go to the airport in an hour," I pout.

"God, I'm gonna miss you so much," he kisses the top of my head as we hug again.

"Can I give you something?" He asks.

"If it's an engagement ring, see ya," I joke.

He laughs, rummaging through his bag.

"I never wear it but I still bring it everywhere with me," he says, pulling out a necklace with a paper plane on it. "I want you to have a piece of me with you when we're not together."

Michael puts the necklace around my neck, kissing the back of my head after he clips it on.

"Thank you, so much, Michael," I turn around, kissing him hard on the lips.

"You mean more to me than you think," I whisper in his ear, kissing under it before turning around to grab my bags I brought with me for these few days.

I say good bye to the other guys, giving them hugs before Michael follows me outside to my rental car.

"I wish I could go with you to the airport," Michael tucks my loose hair behind my ear.

"It's okay," I assure him, kissing his t-shirt clad chest.

"I'll text you when I get to the airport, okay?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

He nods his head, kissing my forehead before enveloping me in his arms, hugging me tighter than before.

I let go to give Michael one last kiss before we each say goodbye and part ways.

~*~

When I walk into my mom's house, I give her an extremely tight hug.

"How was the trip?" She asks, sitting down on the couch in the living room.

"It was nice, Michael is so much more sweet than I could've imagined," I tell her.

"I'm glad you had fun," she kisses my temple. "You have some mail on the counter in the kitchen. I think some is from your father."

"Okay, thanks Mom,"

"I love you, sweetie," she coos.

"I love you too," I mumble as I open the envelope that was addressed to me.

The letter read:
You're cordially invited to Dan and Jackie's wedding!

"What the fuck?" I mumble to myself, feeling my body heat up from anger.

"Mom!" I yell, slamming my fist on the kitchen table, sitting in the chair and running my hands through my hair.

"What?" She asks, coming into the kitchen.

"I just got an invitation to Dad's wedding!" I groan.

"Did you know about this?" She asks, reading the invitation.

"I knew he was engaged but that was less than a month ago," I sigh. "He doesn't tell me anything!"

"Well you have to go, sweetie, your father is getting married," she tells me.

"I don't want to go," I bluntly whine.

"Why not?"

"I can't just act like I'm happy for him when I'm not and I'm actually so frustrated at him," I vent. "He doesn't tell me shit and expects me to be okay with it and act like everything is alright."

"Well the wedding isn't until Novem-"

"He's probably gonna elope and not tell me, and this was just a cover up so he wouldn't have to face telling the truth," I interrupt her.

My mother sighs before standing up, giving me a tight hug, telling me she wants me to forget about it for right now and unpack since I just got home.

Me: sorry i forgot to text u at the airport, I'm home now tho

Me: I need to call you now

Mikey: holy shit ryan u had me so fucking worried

Me: im sorry can I call you tho?

Mikey: yeah of course

I go to his contact, hitting the phone icon to call his number.

"Michael," I sigh once he picks up the phone.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I just got home and opened my mail and guess what I got?"

"What?"

"My Dad's fucking wedding invitation,"

"Didn't he just get engaged like last week or somethin',"

"Yeah and I don't want to go,"

"When is it?" He questions.

"November,"

"Perfect! I can be your date,"

"Michael!" I whine, falling down on my bed.

"What do you want me to do?" He chuckles.

"I don't know," I pout.

"Talk to your dad tomorrow about all of this, and hopefully he tells you the truth," he starts. "and also make sure the wedding is in November so I can clear my schedule to be your date."

"You're extremely annoying, Clifford," I shake my head at him even though he can't see me.

"And you're extremely hot, Ryan,"

"I'm gonna go to sleep because I didn't get any on the plane, I'll talk to you later?" I say.

"Bye, beautiful," he tells me before hanging up the phone; a speechless and smiley mess.

Thank god for bringing Michael Clifford into my life.

~*~

i love this chapter so fucking much, I hope you guys do too!

thanks for 400 votes and 3.7K reads ily all more than u can imagine