43.

Mikey: i really need to call you right now.

Me: why?

Mikey: please i need to talk to you

Me: hold on

Me and Michael haven't talked in two days. He's been busy with promo and I've been busy with school. We haven't really settled our argument we had either.

After I pull up to a random parking lot, I dial Michaels number and put my phone up to my ear.

"Hello," he answers, his voice deep and raspy.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask, turning my car off, leaning against the seat.

"Ugh fuck," he whispers. And I may not be there with him, but I know he's running his hands through his hair.

"What's going on Michael?" I ask, worry tracing my words.

"This is so fuckin' hard," he mutters.

"Just spit it out, Michael," I demand, getting tired of waiting.

"I think we need to take a break."

"What?"

"I don't this is going to work out... at least for right now."

"Oh," I say, trying not to sound like I'm near the edge of crying.

"This whole distance thing isn't going to work. I know we made it work when I was on tour but I'm traveling so much and the new tour starts in a little and I don't know if this is going to work out."

"But we made it over five fucking months when you were on tour, Michael," I tell him, tears falling down my cheeks.

"But, Ryan, I'm never going to be back over there to visit until who knows when,"

"Ughhh," I grumble, running my hands through my hair, tears flowing faster than before.

"I'm really sorry, Ryan. This really fucking sucks, but I'm never going to see you and I don't want this to suck for you too. I just want you to be happy."

"I'm happy with you, Michael."

"Ryan," he sighs. "But we won't even be seeing each other till probably not until next year and I don't want that, and I don't think you do either."

"I get what you're saying Michael," I nod my head even though he can't see me, wiping the tears from under my eyes.

"I still love you, you know that right?"

"Yeah, I do, and I love you too," I smile before hanging up the phone, resting my forehead on the steering wheel.

I let out a loud breath before cleaning myself up and starting up my car.

I turn on Coldplay lightly as I drive around the city, looking at the bright lights that are even brighter because of the night sky.

And honestly, I don't feel so sad. I feel calm. I know that was the right thing because we won't see each other for awhile and that relationship would've never worked out if we continued it that way.

I know he still loves me and I still love him and that's all that matters.

Before I start driving home, I text Michael a quick text.

Me: you're still really fucking annoying you know that right? ;)

Mikey: and you're still really fucking cool. :)

~*~

that is the end of wrong number.

:(((((

I would like to thank you all for sticking with me throughout this book; commenting, voting & reading it. I really hope you enjoyed it. I love you all so much and can't thank you enough for reading this story, it means a lot.