005: Fun Out Of It.

Regret was something Yeoreum felt rarely

Regret was something Yeoreum felt rarely. She had made a promise to herself to never regret her choices - the good or the bad ones - because all of them eventually lead her to where she was supposed be.

That theory, strangely, worked that time too as she got up after the party without regretting what she had done with the almost-still-stranger Haechan. She found it rather strange how she didn't think much of their intense kiss other than how good of a kisser he was. But, considering his playboy nature, that shouldn't be - and wasn't - a surprise.

Yeoreum was lucky to never have hungovers, but even if she did, there were only two classes that day. Once she found out Jungwoo wouldn't be joining her, she only scoffed at her best friend being reckless once again and probably in pain from drinking way too much. Again.

Without Jungwoo, the classes weren't even half as fun as they usually were as they'd comment every little thing the professor would say. Yuta was also nowhere to be seen - not that she specifically wanted to see him anyways after yesterday.

Having a one sided crush was something she had last experienced in high school and thought she'd never have to go through that hell again, but she was wrong. The long haired, beautiful, basketball team's leader was one that didn't care much for relationships or love itself, though he was the sweetest guy any person could ever meet. Yeoreum wondered how such an amazing and kind guy was so closed off to something so beautiful and meaningful like love, but she never dared to ask him for answers.

When she grabbed everything she needed from her locker, a silhouette appeared by her side. She glanced and noticed Haechan leaning his shoulder against the lockers and smirking her way.

"What do you want?" She rolled her eyes, shutting her locker with one, strong slam.

"I thought you'd be nicer to someone who you own a favor to."

Yeoreum scoffed, leaning her shoulder against the lockers as well. A fake smile grew on her face as she said "I didn't think you'd take it so seriously."

Haechan's eyes widened yet the smirk didn't leave his face even for a second. Yeoreum had started to believe that the smirk was a default expression of his. Interesting.

"You basically rub your body against mine and kiss me in front of so many people, yet I'm the one overthinking this?"

The girl rolled her eyes and turned on her heel. "You don't even know what it was about. It wasn't that serious."

"Yuta." He blurred out, making the girl turn back around almost immediately. He raised his brows, proud of how well he read her. "I'm not stupid, beautiful."

Yeoreum clenched her jaw, a bit nervous about how easily he read her stupid, drunken behavior from last night. She walked back closer to the boy who stared her in the eyes without a break. "What do you want from me to make you keep your mouth shut?"

The boy decided to take advantage of the situation and make it more dramatic than it had to be. He shrugged "I don't know. Why not just tell the guy how you feel?"

"Why not just tell me what you want and call it quits?"

Haechan poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, scoffing right after. He suddenly moved himself closer to the girl which made her back away as far as she could until her back reached the lockers she ended up against. She gulped, not understanding why, as Haechan stared through her soul. He suddenly let out a deep breath, placing a strand of her hair in between his fingers. "If you want to make him jealous for real, then you should try a bit harder."

Yeoreum, intrigued, asked him to elaborate, trying to ignore the fact how intimidating Haechan began to be. He smirked softly once again and added "I don't know. There's a lot we could do to make this fun, and work, most importantly."

The girl let out a deep breath and tore Haechan's hand away, breaking the contact between his fingers and her hair. Their bodies and faces remained close to each other when she asked "Can you just tell me and quit being annoying instead?"

Haechan scoffed and finally backed away, leaving enough space between the two to breathe freely. "I thought it'd be nice to pretend we're something of an item."

Yeoreum's brows furrowed in confusion. "Why's that? What's it to you?"

The boy sighed as he started to run his finger alongside the lockers in a way that had no purpose but to just do it for the sake of it. "There's someone I'd like to leave me the hell alone."

The girl's eyes widened and she crossed her arms over her chest. She leaned back on her feet and looked at the boy with a smirk, almost bursting out laughing. "Well, look at that. Haechan is sick of the ladies he keeps getting." She shook her head, mockingly.

He responded with a fake smirk and a scoff as he felt his pride hurt a little too. "So? Will you keep your promise or are you full of it?"

Yeoreum found the way he always tried to get what he wanted very similar. Similar to how she was. There was never anything she wanted but didn't get. Her stubborn side had no other choice but to admire Haechan'a stubbornness as well so she eventually decided to loosen up a bit and maybe take it up on his offer. "I keep my promises." She stated. "So, what's your plan?"

🔗

"Hey, have you seen Yeoreum?" Yuta asked around, knowing that someone had to see the girl who wasn't a stranger to them, but to no luck.

The two weren't as much of best friends as Yeoreum and Jungwoo were, but Yuta found himself eventually growing closer to both of them, feeling a special connection to the two. There wasn't anything specific he wanted from the girl, but worried a little since she didn't respond to his text messages.

When he finally caught her at one of the hallways, a smile painted his face immediately. He walked towards the girl with hopes to have a nice talk about the party last night and maybe something random as well too.
When he welcomed her with a hug but didn't feel her arms squeeze him as tightly as they used to, he felt confused. "Is everything ok?" He furrowed his brows, pulling away from the hug.

Yeoreum forced a smile to paint her face as she added "Yeah, all good. See you tomorrow."

As soon as she walked past him, he felt that something was definitely wrong. He walked after the girl and pulled her by the arm, asking what was going on.

"I just don't feel like talking." She blurred out, basically emotionless.

Before Yuta could react in any way, someone unexpected walked over, draping his hand over Yeoreum's shoulder. "Ready?"

Yuta's brows furrowed as he watched a situation he didn't understand one bit. When Haechan smiled to him before walking off with Yeoreum under his arm, he was even more dumbfounded, trying to understand what the hell he just saw.

 When Haechan smiled to him before walking off with Yeoreum under his arm, he was even more dumbfounded, trying to understand what the hell he just saw

love triangle?
if u know me enough u know i'm a sucker for them lmao
but i mean idk? 🤷🏻‍♀️

i hope you liked the chapter tho hahhah