012: Trouble In Paradise.

Haechan couldn't stand the silent treatment from Doyoung, so when he munched on his cereal in front of TV, the younger squatted down in front of him to get his attention

"Hyung, will you ever stop being mad at me?"

Doyoung just kept his eyes on the TV but Haechan wouldn't give it up. The older let out a sigh and glanced at his best friend for the first time that day which immediately put a smile on the boy's face. "You really put me in a sucky position."

"I know, I'm sorry, I just knew you wouldn't let me do that if I told you and I had to have Yuta lured in there somehow." He sat next to Doyoung. "I'm sorry, though. I really am."

Doyoung hissed and gave the boy a warning stare. "Don't ever bring me into your stupid little games again."

Haechan nodded and practically threw himself at the older who couldn't help but chuckle. Once the boy was satisfied with his hug, he leaned back on the couch, looking up at the ceiling and sighing. Doyoung's brows furrowed as he could easily tell that something was off. "You ok?"

Haechan nodded but Doyoung had more questions. "You came back early, you didn't go out for drinks with your girlfriend?"

The younger gulped at the sound of that word. Girlfriend. He scoffed, shaking his head. "Nope. Our fake relationship is over."

Doyoung's eyes widened and he put the bawl of cereal down. "What? How? Why? When?"

Haechan laughed at the flood of questions. "Right after you left, actually. Looks like our plan worked sooner than I thought."

The older's eyes kept on widening as he stared at his best friend in disbelief. The look on Haechan's face was one that Doyoung hadn't seen in a long time. It was regret and disappointment.
Before he could ask any more questions, Haechan announced he was heading to shower.

Haechan's EDM playlist while trying to let himself relax under the dripping water didn't let him forget about Yeoreum and the events of last night. That night was sleepless for him as well, that's why his eyes were shutting a little as he stood under the shower.

As soon as he put on fresh pair of grey sweatpants and a plain, black t-shirt, he threw himself onto his bed. He closed his eyes and the first and only thing he saw was Yeoreum. His eyes shut open as he sat back up abruptly. He couldn't understand why he couldn't stop thinking about her nor what he was feeling. Just like Yuta - he has never been in a relationship before, so whatever he was feeling now was a completely new experience.

He scoffed and shook his head. "You must be crazy, Haechan." He talked to himself as he laid back down. The comfort of his bed made his body relax and the boy slowly fell asleep.

After an hour, he sat back up abruptly once again and let out a loud gasp. His breathing was heavy and he tried to calm down despite the images of him kissing Yeoreum's lips, neck, stomach and inner thighs were still before his eyes like paintings.

His first ever sex dream - and it was with his first ever fake girlfriend.

🔗

It was a sleepless night for Yeoreum as well.

After sharing her first kiss with Yuta, the boy walked her back home and placed a small peck onto her cheek before leaving to his frat house.
Now, if you'd tell the Yeoreum from even a few days ago that that was going to happen - she either wouldn't believe it or she'd be kicking her feet just imagining it as the best feeling there could possibly be.
Unfortunately, the reality was different.

There was no fireworks setting off when Yuta put his lips of hers. There was no butterflies flying around in her stomach when he pecked her cheek in the most romantic way.
The excitement and imagination of it all before it actually happened felt far better than the reality.

Yeoreum had no idea what that meant - if it really didn't feel that great or if she just set her expectations too high. She couldn't believe that the boy she crushed on for so long wouldn't make her feel any type of way when things were actually happening between them for real and not just in her head.
She felt bad for not feeling what she thought she felt for him and possibly breaking his heart if what he felt for her was as good in real life as it was in his head.

🔗

After having the whole day for herself - which she sadly spent on overthinking - it was time for night classes. Two hours of making her brain focus on something other than Yuta and her confused feelings didn't seem like a bad plan.

She let out a breath as soon as she walked out of the classroom. The hallways were practically empty and the only students there were the ones who stupidly - just like her - chose the night classes for additional points for the subjects.

As she walked to the exit, she recognized a familiar face walking in front of her. She smiled upon seeing Haechan who, sadly, didn't seem as happy to see her as she did seeing him. Although, without much thought, she waved to the boy and ran over to say hi. "You chose night classes too?"

"As you can see."

Yeoreum noticed the harsh tone in his voice, making her confused. "Geez, what's with the attitude?"

Haechan sighed, annoyed. "Is there anything you need? Trouble in paradise?"

The girl scoffed, a little offended by the way he spoke to her. "There is, actually. But I guess I'll try to talk to someone who cares." She faked a smile and walked off, letting the door slam behind her.

The boy gulped as he watched her leave. He began to wonder what she meant by that and maybe feel a little bad about how harsh he was towards her.

But maybe that was for the better.
Maybe he shouldn't care about what was wrong between her and Yuta and just move on or go back to his old ways - no attachment, no problem.
Maybe the sex dream meant nothing - and maybe Yeoreum meant nothing.

double update bc it's been awhile :,)
well.. the plot is thickening
there's still a lot to happen but i won't be dragging this book for too long, so expect a lot happening at once lmao <3