007: Practice.

Yeoreum sighed at the thought of meeting Haechan as soon as her class ended

Yeoreum sighed at the thought of meeting Haechan as soon as her class ended. It was the first time in her life that she wanted the class to continue, just to avoid him.

The way he occupied her mind the whole day yesterday was something she didn't like at all - he was the last person she wanted to think about. He was considered a playboy for a reason and the reason was that his game was good. He knew how to make a girl excited and even if some of his techniques were rather tacky and cliche - they seemed to work.

Yeoreum didn't understand why his behavior the day before made her crave him more when during their first meet at the party he tried to flirt with her too, yet she didn't feel anything back then. What she was sure about though, was that she still disliked his guts and pretending to be a couple wasn't going to change that.

Yuta came to her mind as soon as she thought about faking it with Haechan to make the basketball team's leader jealous. She let out a loud sigh, thinking about his long hair and handsome face, and how she was doing all of this to get his attention.

When the class ended, she gathered her stuff and made her way out. As soon as she walked out, she felt her hand being grabbed and pulled towards the person. Her eyes widened a little as she was a bit taken aback, but a smiling Haechan showed up in front of her. "Hi, baby. Ready to go?" He wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

She wanted to roll her eyes at his sweet tone of voice, but she couldn't - people were watching. "You don't have to use pet names with me."

"Aw, you don't like it, baby?"

She gritted her teeth as he teased her. "I do when it's coming from a person I like." She faked a smile as they both tried to seem like the happiest couple in front of everyone.

"Ouch, that hurt." He scoffed. "Too bad, you'll have to handle it. Couples call each other pet names so think of one for me too."

Yeoreum scoffed. "You wish." Haechan bit his bottom lip in frustration as her attitude wasn't to his liking. "Why do we have to go to the basketball practice anyways?"

"My best friend Doyoung is on the team so I'm going to support him. But, Jennie is the cheerleader and they're having their practice too before the game. Also, Yuta is going to be there too, duh? It's a perfect opportunity to catch two fishes at a time."

The girl had to admit that he had a good point.

As soon as they got there, a smiling Yuta caught Yeoreum's attention. His charm was visible even from a far and his beauty was always outstanding.
Haechan glanced down at the shorter than him girl under his arm and chuckled at how she stared at the basketball team's leader as if he was the most beautiful thing she's ever seen.

When they were about to sit down, Doyoung had noticed the couple and therefore, so did Yuta. The wide smile he had on his face that already dripped in sweat was wiped off when he saw Haechan with his arm around Yeoreum.
When his and her eyes met, she waved in tiny and smiled. He didn't feel like smiling, but more that that, he didn't feel like giving her an attitude. Besides, why would he? He didn't have a reason for that. Right?

The girl who Haechan wanted to get rid of was already looking at him and Yeoreum with flames in her eyes. She threw a tantrum and rushed out of there, making her friends follow while Haechan almost burst out laughing.

Yeoreum glanced at the boy and shook her head. "You're such a jerk."

"What can I say, if she didn't act like a damn sasaeng, I'd tell her off respectfully."

The girl's eyes widened. "What? She was stalking you?"

"Hey!" Doyoung had ran over to the fake couple, interrupting their conversation that suddenly became interesting for Yeoreum. "You made it. And who's that?"

She forced a smile, acting as honestly as she could as she extended her hand. "I'm Yeoreum."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Doyoung." He glanced at the arm draped over her shoulder and furrowed his brows at Haechan. "Did I miss something? What's going on here?"

"Aw, you didn't tell your best friend about us?" Yeoreum said in the most sarcastic way and a high pitched voice, tapping Haechan's lap.

The boy sent her an annoyed smile before looking up at Doyoung. "It's complicated, I'll tell you after the practice."

"O..kay?" The boy looked at the younger confused, but smiled to the girl before running back to his teammates.

"Did you have to act that way? He won't care much for it, but what if someone else heard?" Haechan turned to Yeoreum, speaking as quietly as he could.

Before she could argue his point or roll her eyes, his gaze changed. "She came back and she's staring again." He automatically put on a smirk and chuckled in between the words. "Oh, she's so going to hate this."

Before Yeoreum could react in any way, Haechan's lips were suddenly pressed against hers. Her whole body felt like lava as she melted into the kiss.

The basketball team players started gasping when one of them who saw it first tapped the others and pointed. Yuta's face dropped upon seeing Haechan moving his hand up to Yeoreum's cheek as he kissed her. The team leader gulped and suddenly yelled out "Are we here to play or what?!" startling everyone.

Before he walked over to his position on the court, he glanced at the kissing couple with so much anger painted all over his face. Doyoung noticed it right away and furrowed his brows, trying to connect the dots - hell, trying to understand anything at all.

 Doyoung noticed it right away and furrowed his brows, trying to connect the dots - hell, trying to understand anything at all

sheesh 🤭
their first kiss WHAT DO WE THINK FRIENDS?