010: Escape.

Yeoreum couldn't believe how happy Jungwoo was for her to go on a date with Haechan - a fake date on top of that

Yeoreum couldn't believe how happy Jungwoo was for her to go on a date with Haechan - a fake date on top of that. She didn't know if to take it seriously at all, if to dress to impress or go without much expectations. After all, they were pretending to be a couple only in places that either Yuta or Jennie could see them, so that was probably another plan of his.

After finishing her classes, she spotted the basketball team's leader on one of the hallways, bidding his goodbye with one of his friends. She gulped upon seeing him for the first time since he kind of confessed his feelings for her two days ago. She didn't text him or try to contact him in any way, just to give him enough space, even though it drove her insane. After much consideration, she quickly ran to catch up with the boy. "Hey."

Yuta was taken aback seeing Yeoreum and he smiled awkwardly, saying hi back. They continued to walk side by side in silence. The girl hoped that he would say something first, but it didn't look like he would, so she took the charge. "I haven't seen you on the campus yesterday."

Yuta only hummed. Yeoreum grabbed his hand which resulted in them both slowing down in their tracks. "Are you ok?"

The boy sighed and ran fingers through his pretty, dark hair. He shrugged and looked the girl in the eyes for the first time that day. "I just need some time to think."

Yeoreum didn't know what to say and how to act towards him. She never thought he would be the one this troubled about his feelings, it always seemed that she would be the one acting this way, which - in all honesty - she probably would've been if it wasn't for Haechan and their little plan.

She smiled softly and nodded, letting go of his hand. The boy cracked a smile as well and walked away without a word.
Seeing Yuta so troubled made her suddenly feel bad and she almost regretted going along with her fake relationship. Maybe she was just too weak and too vulnerable when it came to Yuta, but she wanted to call it quits with Haechan.

🔗

Yuta was all that was on Yeoreum's mind for the rest of the day - that's until the date time with Haechan came. She had asked the boy what they were doing or even where they were going, but he only said to dress comfortably - nothing fancy. There were millions of options for dates, but Yeoreum wasn't sure what kind such a playboy like Haechan liked. Was he even ever on a date before?

 Was he even ever on a date before?