Such a Sight for Dull Eyes

cws ; yelling, stabbing, character death

Adam walked out of the dark room with nothing but a single mission. The thing is, he had no idea who Kaz was referring to. He didn't even know who was the "traitor" of the group. Lurking was the best decision right now. Adam didn't want to stir the pot and accidentally eliminate the wrong person. 

Blueberry noticed two people sitting in the corner of the room the people were kept in. A long piece of writing was on whatever wall they sat behind; he was determined to find out what they were planning. Those two especially stood out to him friendship wise, the way they instantly clicked and avoided everyone else concerned him.

While Adam wasn't paying attention, the knife he was gifted slipped from his pocket and onto the hand floor, immediately shutting up any commotion that was happening in the room he was inspecting. 

All he could do was shuffle to pick it up and run until he was left with nothing but his thoughts. Blueberry came to the conclusion that he can try to look at the wall when the group goes to their next challenge.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched the unknown person run away as fast as possible. Most just laughed it off but some were a bit scared that someone was watching them. 

Alex and Vio especially, considering the noise came from very close to where they were. Guard Right came in once again, snatching the group for their next death trap. Once they all left, the blue-haired boy snook in and read everything on the wall.

"ALEX - "Wow this place is beautiful, isn't it Vio?"

"VIO - "I agree! This place has heavenly scenery."

"ALEX - "What's heavenly to you?"

"VIO - "All that really comes to mind is the church I used to run.."

"*ALEX WOULD LOOK UP AT VIO CONFUSINGLY*"

"ALEX - Tell me more!"

"VIO - "If you insist.. I worked there along three coworkers, Dave, Cassidy, and Marie."

"*HOPEFULLY NOW IT WILL BE INTERESTED*"

"What the hell was this?! Was it some kind of script? Why in the world would they write a script abou-.. Marie? Marie.. That's- the same person Kaz was talking about! These must be the people they were talking about!" Adam connected the dots and started to plan everything out. All of a sudden Guard Right stormed into the room and started yelling. 

"BLUEBERRY! THE CAPTIVE HAS GONE MISSING!" He yelled, exhaust evident in his voice. The panicked blueberry looked over and found the man maskless and sweaty, urging him to come along. He quickly used the knife to carve an X in the wall where the script was and ran to follow.

As he was following the man, he noticed a familiar purple-haired girl laying down on the floor completely unconscious. They were fast asleep and Adam took that as an opportunity to strike. He was scared at first but something suddenly came over him and allowed him to plung the knife into the unknowing girls chest, snatching it back instantly and running down the hallway.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU GUYS DO?! STEVE? I TRUSTED YOU! YOU'VE BROKEN MY TRUST MORE THAN ANYONE EVER HAS YOU FOUL BEAST." Diane was scolding the guard before Adam even had a chance to take a breath. He decided to try and search for anyone else he could find. It didn't matter if they were dead or alive, he needed someone to talk to. Running around the place took his breath away more than anything. 

He acknowledged a piece of black hair sticking out from behind a pole and pulling his knife out. "Hello? Is there anyone here? I won't hurt you I promise." Adam wanted to not come off like how Kaz or Diane would but like a normal human would. Half of it was actually true though, he still barely has any idea what he got himself into. "I can hear you shuffling around that pole. Just come out and no one gets hurt." 

"WHERE IS THAT DAMN BLUEBERRY?!" Kaz yelled as he walked down the hallway. If looks could kill, all of the lone spirits haunting the place would've gone back to the grave for the second time. Fizz found the guy trying to communicate with a random behind a pole. "ADAM!" He saw that the man dropped the knife he was holding. 

"Kaz?! What are you doing here?" Adam was scared of what he could do. "You failed my mission. You let Marie run free. You pathetic scum!" Kaz's eyes became a lot darker as the strawberry hat that sat contently on his head grew. Blueberry looked around horrified and felt himself get caught off guard as someone grabbed his hand. Blueberry looked up and saw a guy with black hair.