CHAPTER 5

That was possibly one of the most tiring board meeting that I have ever been. There were a lot of things that were covered. And one of the highlights of the meeting was the EGN project. Even the board are still surprised that we got the deal. They had little faith that we will be able to win the bid because all the country's major players are eyeing it. But luckily, we were able to snatch it. But I know that luck has nothing to do with it. It was multiple sleepless nights, countless brainstorming, and unrelenting efforts from my team that we are able to secure the project. And we are rewarded by the multi-million project from EGN.

We also discussed the increasing demand for raw materials used for the manufacture of the shipyards in Singapore. We are the major supplier for the shipyard. We have been able to meet the targets consistently and it's yielding positive revenues across all boards.

Our manufacturing company for the fabrics that supplies to the major clothing lines across the country is also yielding positive revenues. We were shifting our focus to the many agricultural projects that we are supporting all over the country. We need to invest more in the farming industry so we can build a sustainable source of food for the whole country. We also endeavor to increase our funding for the educational support that we are offering to the hundreds of students across the country who are supported by Dominguez Foundation headed by my mom.

It's Friday and I can finally rest from the most tiring two weeks of my year. And I haven't heard anything from Eniel. I haven't seen him anywhere in the building where we live. I realized that I didn't have his phone number. And I didn't want Andrea to look it up for me. I still haven't told anyone that I am supposed to marry him.

After the whole meeting, we are finally done. Lumapit si daddy sa 'kin. Gave me a very big smile and shake my hand.

"Very well-done Anastasia. I know the company is in good hands with you," I can hear pride in his voice.

"Thanks dad," nahihiya kong tugon.

"So everything is going in the right direction, when are you going to focus on your personal life?"

"What do you mean?" Painosenteng tanong ko kahit alam kong ang ibig ipahiwatig ni papa ay ang nakabinbing kasal namin.

"Hija we are not getting any younger. We want to be able to spend a long time with our grandkids," then he winked at me.

"Dad," I blushed upon hearing his comments.

"It's been two weeks since we told you about your arranged marriage and we still haven't heard any decision from you," medyo nagtatampong sambit ni papa.

"Dad you know it's been a crazy two weeks. Don't worry, now that the annual board meeting is done, I can delegate more time for my personal affairs," giving my dad a reassuring smile. I then hugged him tightly and went out of the boardroom. I need to go back to my office and finish my work for the day.

I was reeling from the fact that Eniel never really made any efforts regarding our fixed marriage. In fact, he is totally MIA about all of it. Nasan na kaya ang napakagwapong nilalang na yun? Baka masyadong naging abala sa kandungan ng kung sino-sinong babaeng malandi ang lalaking yun at hindi man lang naisipan na magparamdam sa 'kin. At hindi ko maiwasang mainis na baka may ibang babaeng pinag-aaksayahan ng oras si Eniel. I must admit, I do miss him. I miss looking into those green eyes and seeing those shy smiles that I love so much.

I was busy checking my emails on my phone while walking to my office. I didn't even bother to look for Andrea who is not in her usual seat outside my office. Dire-diretso ako sa loob ng opisina ko ng hindi inaangat ang tingin ko.

"You look really beautiful today Ms. Dominguez," bigla umangat ang tingin ko para harapin ang pinanggalingan ng boses na nagsalita.

Bigla akong napanganga. Muli na naman akong nawalan ng kapasidad na magsalita. Nakatitig lang ako sa mga mata niya. Unti-unti siyang lumapit sa 'kin, umangat ang daliri at itinaas ang baba ko.