CHAPTER 11

First day of the week tends to be a very busy day. There's a lot of work to do, tasks to accomplish, and meetings to attend. That's normally how my day at the office is. But today is very different. I started the day with a phone call from my fiancée.

"Good morning baby, I dreamed about you last night. We were honeymooning in Zambales. Just you and me soaking in the sun, warm on the beach, and..." he intentionally didn't finish his statement.

"What's going on Mr. Gonzales?" nakangiti ko ring tanong sa kanya.

"Might be the worst blue balls I've experienced in my entire life," natatawang sagot nito. Hindi ko maintindihan kung ano ang ibig sabihin ng blue balls.

"Ano yun? We're you playing basketball?"

"A different kind of ball," sagot nito na tumatawa pa rin.

"Oh my God Eniel, ang aga-aga pa kung ano-ano ang pinagsasabi mo," at alam kong namumula na naman ang mukha ko.

"Just have a wonderful day ahead Mrs. Gonzales. I will think of you the whole day," pamamaalam nito. I decided to check out the meaning of blue balls. And I was shocked by the definition of it. I can't believe he was casually discussing that topic with me.

Napapangiti pa rin ako habang naaalala ko ang maikling usapan namin kaninang umaga. Kahit medyo abala ako sa opisina ay sumasagi pa rin sa isipan ko ang kapilyohan ng mapapangasawa ko. He might've experienced it because of what he dreamt. Did he have sex dreams about us? And suddenly I smile like a foolish woman who is madly in love with her man.

"Alam mo buong araw ka ng lutang. I think it has something to do with that very expensive ring on your finger," puna sa 'kin ni Andrea habang naglu-lunch kami. Absentmindedly, I ran my fingers on the ring.

"No I'm not," tanggi ko.

"Ms. Domiguez buong araw kang pangiti-ngiti kahit walang nakakatawa."

"Was I that obvious?"

"Naman."

"I think I love him," sabi ko sa kanya.

"Well hindi imposibleng mangyari yan. You were obsessed with that man for fifteen years."

"You think," and I responded sarcastically to what she said.

"Last time I check you just saw him again. Two weeks passed by then you are engaged. Judging from that very large engagement ring," patuloy ni Andrea.

"Well now that you put it that way, I think you're right. But damn, I am happy with him. And I really do love him," buong puso kong tugon.

"Hay naku, mukhang masama ang tama mo kay Mr. Gonzales. I just hope that he feels the same way towards you," sabay tayo at niligpit nito ang mga pinagkainan namin.

At bigla kong naisip ang huling sinabi ni Andrea. She is right as always. She's very perceptive and that's one of the things that I like about her. She just reminded me of my very big insecurity. Suddenly it dampened my mood and it went on for the rest of the day. And to add to it, I haven't heard from my fiancée after our brief conversation this morning.

I went home straight away after work. I wanted to rest. I felt exhausted after my conversation with Andrea, . I wanted to rest my head and momentarily forget about it. I came in my apartment mildly aware of the voices I heard from the kitchen. Nagtataka ako kung sino ang kausap ni yaya.

Habang papalapit ako ng kusina ay mas naririnig ko ang mga boses. That rich low voice sounded very familiar. Then it hit me. That's my fiancée's voice. He's here in my apartment talking to my nanny.

"Hi baby, you're home. I've missed you so much," at lumapit ito sa 'kin at binigyan ako ng matamis na halik. Pagkatapos ay niyakap niya ako.

"How are you here?" tanong ko sa kanya matapos niya akong bitawan.