Chapter 5

Present

Sitara woke up in the morning with loud noises of TV. She didn't realize when she slept staring at that dress. What the hell? Why are they watching TV so loudly? "Turn down the volume!" She screamed from inside and covered her ears with the pillow.

Ugghhh thinking her voice didn't reach them she let out an irritated grunt. How will it when the TV is so loud, she came out irritated covering her face with her veil "What the hell are you guys watching? Why is the TV so loud?" she asked irritated reaching the living room and everyone was there except Ruksaar, who would have gone to school by now.

"Do you know them?" she turned to the news they are watching on Rihan's question.

She gulped seeing the photographs of those two young lads who were harassing that girl yesterday. The reporter was reporting about their brutal murder. Their bodies were mauled and burned alive. She read the news that both of them were convicted rapists and used to do small thefts and loots. The bodies were not even recognizable, the bodies were identified with their belongings. She covered her eyes with her hands as the bodies came on the screen. The reporter told that their eyes were stabbed and popped out before they were burned alive. She gasped and covered her mouth looking at the sight. "Why are you guys watching it?" Nargis came and switched off the TV.

She stumbled backwards and her back hit the wall. She was breathing fast. How can anyone be so brutal? This is pure barbaric. Even though they were criminals themselves but for convicting these criminals there is law and order. It's the job of police to arrest them and lock them up so that they can pay for their sins behind the bars. But this is so vicious, it felt like a bile rose in her looking at those mauled bodies. Sitara rush towards the bathroom and vomited out her insides. "Tara are you okay?" Came a worried Nargis. She was trying to hold her from the back when Sitara shifted a bit and shook her head. She can't risk Nargis touching her specially when Faizan is at home.

She got up and washed her face. She came out setting up her veil properly. Nargis asked giving her water "Are you okay now sweetheart?" and she nodded.

"Are you behind this also?" Rihan asked. His question left her expatriated.

"Behind this!!" she exclaimed "Am I behind this, Bhai ? You are saying I did this?" she exclaimed in dejection "No bacchi I didn't mean that. I mean..." "I know what you mean. No Bhai I am not behind this. You are behind this. It's not me who brought him here in our lives. He didn't come to this house looking for me. He came for you. You are the reason why that psychotic monster is in my life. I lost my life to him and you are telling me if I am behind the murder of two rapists. You always blame me for coming out that night, but I came out Bhai so that he doesn't kills you. How would I knew that he would become obsessed with me. How is everything my fault when you are the one who stole from him. You cheated with him, you stole from him that's why he laid his eyes on me because he came for you. I never blamed you for bringing him in my life, so you stop blaming me now." She ranted her heart out.

For the first time she let out what she was suppressing inside. The way her own brother asked that she was behind something as atrocious as this made her feel like she is being questioned in the court of God. She didn't do this. The way her brother used the word also reminded her of the most awful incident that she has gone through in her whole life. She fell on the floor crying. She brought she knees to her chest wrapping her hands around them.

"I didn't kill anyone Bhai, I didn't want him to kill them. I didn't tell him to kill them. I didn't want to do what I did to Nargis" she said crying. she said sobbing drifting off to that awful day.

Ten months ago

"Tara, it's just a ring. He is getting married to you, ofcourse he will give you a ring" Rihan tried to explain the anxious Sitara that she is supposed to get married so it is obvious to get engaged first. He has informed her about Shahzain's arrival to give her engagement ring. But she was just getting worried, scared, annoyed all at once. The thought of meeting him was making her heart quiver.