Chapter 24

Sitara opened her eyes to an empty bed and empty room. He was gone. She turned to the other side, and the whole night came back to her. His intense obsession was eating her up. She can't take this. It's not healthy. She needs to talk to him. But how. He scares her too much. How will she talk and what will she talk. To love her less.

Finally, after enough pondering on her twisted fate, she gathered herself and wrapped the bed sheet around herself because that robe is now pretty much in pieces. She saw another saree kept on the bed. Today's is in black color. She can wear it today since she remembers well enough how to drape it.

She got up and was stunned to see that she wasn't alone. He was there, cleaning the mess he made. All the things that he broke last night were still shattered. He was picking up the broken glass. She reached and sat down next to him "Aap rehne dein Ji, mai kar dungi saaf" (let it be, I will clean the mess) she said and extended a hand to pick the glass pieces but he stopped her hand. "And what if this stupid glass ends up hurting my Jaana, hmmm" He said, kissing her hand. "Don't worry, Jaana. I broke it, I can clean it. Go get ready, " he said, patting her head. She gave him half a smile and got up. It's pointless to argue with him anyway.

She picked up the saree and stuff and went inside the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and did her business. After she took the bath and successfully draped the saree just the way he did yesterday, she came out, and the room was cleaned, and he was already gone.

She came downstairs and he was sitting in the same place. She walked to him and sat where she sat yesterday. "Go-good morning," she said to him. "Good morning, baby," he said, cupping her cheek. "Today I will give you the tour of your home, hmmm" He said softly, and she nodded. She felt another presence, and she cast her eyes down. The lesson she got yesterday was fresh enough. She refused to risk her eyes go through the same fate as her throat. Though he forbade her talk and not look but who knows when what will trigger the psychotic monster she is living with.

"Ahhh....here is our breakfast." He said as the plates were kept in front of them. Rather in front of him, in front of her came a bowl. "Afsana, you can go," he said, and she slightly bowed and left. Afsana, wasn't her name was Bahar. Ma'am please come or Sir will punish me, her words came back to her Oh my God did he kill her too? She didn't realize that she was breathing fast until she felt his hand in hers. "What happened? Why are you hyperventilating?" He said, worried. She wanted to ask if he killed her. But what if he loses his shit that she thought about someone else than him. So she avoided asking and shaking her head. "I-I am o-okay. M-may I-I have some water," she said, and he gave her a glass of water. She drank and said a soft thank you to him. "Here, eat," he said, and she looked at the bowl. He lifted a spoon. "I know it's not the first choice, but Jaana the sweet porridge will help heal your throat. I know it must still be hurting." he said and fed her. He was feeding her ignoring the sheermals kept on his plate. "Um-You too eat else, your breakfast will get cold," she said. "I will eat myself" she added and tried to take the spoon "uh-huh I know you can eat, but I want to feed my Jaana with my hands" he said with so much love that she just kept looking at him. He is the same man who literally burned her throat and is now trying to sooth it. "And breakfast of my Jaana is more important than mine," he said smiling and fed her the whole bowl, and then only he touched his food.

He brought her to give the tour of her home as he called it. It has everything that is expected in a mansion. He has shown her the kitchen, the living room, the home theater, his office, the library, the gym, even the basement or dungeon where he brings people to torture.

Sitara gasped as she saw someone tied to the concrete floor. It looks like the woman tied here is sleeping or maybe passed out. She is not too old. Looks like in her thirties or even younger. She turned her face, and he was standing so close to her that her face hid in his chest. His hand reached her hair. "Relax Jaana. I won't punish her more than required. "Come," he said, wrapping his arms around her shoulder.