Chapter 16

"Ammy." She sided from the door for her to enter. She came inside and sat on her bed and patted the space next to her. Sitara reached and sat down.

"You know when you were born, your father and I, we fought a lot over what to name you. He was saying Malika and I was saying Noor" she said with a chuckle reminiscing the past. "You know you had such glow on your face when you were little. Your chubby cheeks used to shine and on the day you were born, you father got the promotion and also same day the deal of this house got finalized too. We were so happy that we will bring you to your own house instead of a rented house from the hospital and when we came you chuckled for the first time looking at the nightsky from this window only" she said pointing her window "Looking at your face glowing in the moonlight we named you Sitara. The name came out together from our lips" she said and Sitara smiled at her and she was looking at her with the love she used to.

"You used to be such a handful kid. Always throwing tantrums and uff teri zid" (God your stubbornness) she said laughing lightly. "And everyone, me your father, Rihan use to be on your beck and call all the time and then you grew up. When did my little bomb grew up so much like a calm river". Her eyes brim with tears and she said "I was scared, angry, sad so much in last few months that I forgot to ask ki meri Sitara kaisi hai? (How is my Sitara?) She said and tears well up in the back of her eyes.

"Tomorrow is your last night in this house, then you will be gone. My child who brought good luck to my home has become the destiny of someone else. Meri bus ek hi dua hai jaise is ghar ki ranauk thi tu waise hi us ghar mei sirf meri Sitara ki hasi goonje" (I pray to God that just like you were the light of this house, that house too echoes with the voice of your laughter)

"You don't worry Ammy, I have your blessings, right? I will be alright" she said to her. No matter how much fear she have regarding herself but she don't want them to sulk for it. "I know you are very brave Sitara. You will handle it. We are weak who couldn't protect the light of our lives from the darkness that will swallow her" she said and the tears started to shed from their eyes.

"I am scared of him Ammy", she said crying. She wanted to lie in her lap and feel safe. She feel so unsafe now, like everytime she is walking on land mines, one wrong step and it will blow up ending her. She want to be free again. Free to make mistakes, free to laugh, free to cook, free to love.

"Bacchi I don't know what I should tell you today. What last minute teaching should I tell you, that could keep you happy. But try to appease him. Maybe if he will be happy with you, your life will be less painful." She said and Sitara nodded slightly not knowing what to say. "Just don't cheat on him"

"Ammy you think I will do something like this? I don't want to marry him but Ammy I would never cheat on him. I will never insult the relationship of marriage." She said to her. She may hate him and yes she is terrified of him but she would never loose her morals like this. She respect the integrity of marriage. It might be forced but it is still her marriage and she will keep this relationship with full integrity.

"Wo ladka Shahzain, uski mohabbat bahot alag hai bacchi. Uska ishq uska junoon hai uski chahat ki aag mei dekhna kuch aisa na ho ki meri Sitara jal jae usme" (that boy, Shahzain, his love is different. His love is his obsession. See that you don't do anything that my Sitara get burnt in the fire of his crazy love) she said with pity and worry lacing her voice. Sitara turned her face slightly and wiped her tears. "I won't" she assured her that she will not do anything that could bring his wrath upon any of them.

"Ammy, promise me when I will be gone you all will not worry for me. You all will be happy. Ruku will live her childhood with full freedom and happiness. Rihan Bhai will have a family. A safe and happy family where he could play with his kids, fight with Ruku, take care of you and Nargis, promise me Ammy, you will never let Nargis cry. Jab Jab Nargis ki hasi is ghar mei goonjegi samjhna aapki Sitara bhi hass rahi hai (whenever Nargis will laugh in this home, think that your Sitara is also laughing)" she said and their tears started to flow again. "Take care of yourself Ammy, the day when I will leave, don't cry for me."