Chapter 43

"Tara?" Nargis said astounded by Shahzain's decision. She exchanged looks with Sitara, trying to comprehend what he meant. "Wh-what do-do you mean Khan Saheb, I-I mean I have to go home at some point, right?" she said with a hesitant laugh. "No, why? You can live here, I will take care of all your comforts," he replied. "But why-I mean, it's not -" "What is the problem with that? You told me how much you miss Sitara, and I have seen how her eyes lit up seeing you," he said with adoration, looking at Sitara, "So why can't you live with her?" he asked quizzically. He thought this would be an ideal gift for his Jaana, but he did not understand the apprehension.

"Remember at the Ruksadi you both were so clinging on to each other, like you just don't want to leave each other, now I am giving you the chance to be together, and now you are acting like you don't want to be with her," he said getting a bit agitated. "Do you-do you not want to be with Sitara?" he asked Nargis in annoyance. "No-no, it's not like that -" "Shahzain," Sitara held his arm, gaining his attention. "She needs to go," she said, looking at him. "But why, Jaana? You were so happy seeing her. Did you not like spending time with her?" he asked, cupping her cheeks. "I did, of course a lot, and I am so grateful that you brought her here to me, but now she should go," she tried to explain to him.

"But why I thought you would be happy with this, I want you to be happy, and you like her so why can't she stay with you. She should stay with you. Yes, she will, " he said, holding her wrists.

"Tara I-I-" She nodded a bit, looking towards Nargis. "Look, I know you must be thinking where she will stay, right? Since we only have one bed room, but I will get a new room made for her. Yes, and she can choose the interiors herself. Nargis bhabhi, you will love it here, I will make sure of it. You don't have to work at all, and you can be with your best friend, " he said with a chortle listing down the perks of living in his.

"Shahzain, look at me." Sitara turned him towards her."Why are you both behaving like this? You always miss them. You are always sad because you can't meet them and now when I am giving you this you are just behaving like you never wanted her." he got irritated at their responses. He thought she would jump in excitement, listening that he is allowing her to be with her best friend. She wouldn't have to write and talk now and he knows how difficult it will be to see her talking to Nargis, being happier with her yet he is making this sacrifice trying to make himself stronger and she is not valuing his sacrifice.

"But Shahzain, she needs to go to her home. We have to let her go. " she retorted the logical thing, but his mind is never able to comprehend logic when it comes to her. The actions he takes for his love are never justified by logic. For him, she can if he wanted to. He is strong enough to hold her here, and he has always done things whatever he wanted. He takes what he wants. That's the equation he understood. The phrase 'have to' never settled with him. He is not used to people telling what he 'have to' do.

"But why, when I want her to stay here, and keep my Jaana happy, that's what she is going to do, that's it" he said putting his foot down, making Nargis gulp. Will he really kidnap me like this? she looked at Sitara with questions in her eyes. Sitara was also dumbfounded on this behavior. She was twisting her fingers, trying to figure out the way to explain it to him that he could not just keep her like this. His anger was rising because they were not agreeing to what he is saying. And now he has made it about her happiness, it won't be easy to convince him.

"It's not right, Shahzain. See, like I have you, you are my husband, Rihan Bhai is her husband. She needs to go back to her husband, right? Dekhiye jaise aap mere bina nahi reh sakte, waise hi Rihan bhai bhi to apni Nargis ke bina nahi reh sakte na, unke paas wapas jana hoga na ise, nahi to wo kaise rahenge, hai na?" (See like you can't live without me. Similarly, Rihan Bhai can't live without his Nargis. She needs to go back to him, else how will he live, right?) she said, holding his cheek and rubbing his arm, trying to calm him down.