Chapter 11

"Ammy, you and Nargis leave, I will cook biryani today" She reached down in the kitchen and told them with a smile. "Really! So finally after ages I will eat your biryani" Nargis said happily.

"Faizan!" Zahra called for him. She looked at Nargis confused as for why she called him but she too just shrugged not having a clue.

"Haanji Ammyjaan" (Yes) Faizan came almost instantly. She adjusted her veil more when he came inside, just for precaution. "Your Bhabhijaan is saying that she will cook biryani today. So please call and ask your Khan Saheb. I don't want another drama happens today. I am fed up of this everyday" Zahra said irritated "Ammy unse pooch ke hi bana rahi hun" (Mom, I have asked him before) Sitara told her softly but she just rolled her eyes "Ammy what are you talking? She is saying she has asked already so why-" "Let it be Nargis, Faizan Bhai aap pooch lein" (Faizan, you please ask) Sitara said cutting her off. She feels dejected but she has gone used to this bitterness in her mother's voice now.

"Its okay, Bhabhijaan aap banaein" (Sister-in-law, you cook) he said and Sitara nodded and went inside the kitchen.

"Tara, don't mind Ammy, you know how hyper she gets" Nargis tried to cajole her and she nodded with a half a smile. Sitara knew that her mother doesn't used to get hyper like that before but since one year she became. Because she is the one who has to face the people's comments about the men who come in and out of their house. And this sudden marriage, that too when she herself said no to their paternal uncle's son's proposal because she wanted Sitara to complete her studies first. Sitara knows that people talk crap that this is a love marriage, she even heard Zahra telling Rihan that someone asked her if Sitara is pregnant that they are getting her married so quickly. That's why she never complaint Zahra no matter how much it hurts her that they blame her for letting Shahzain in their lives.

"Tara?" Nargis called for her "Yeah?" she said coming out of her musings "I asked you if you need any help? Where you drifted off?" "No Nargis I don't need any help. You go and rest. You work so much already" she said to her with a soft smile and she left smiling.

Allah please don't let me get hurt. Sitara was praying the whole time while cooking but thankfully nothing happened. A smile came to her taking in the aroma of the spices. She never loved cooking but Nargis used to say she has an artistry in cooking, but in this one year when she was forbidden from cooking, she used to miss it so much. It felt like a piece of her was missing and today she felt content. She did atleast something productive except reading novels.

She served the lunch and Ruku came running. "Woah Appi you did make the biryani. Thank you. You are the best!!!" She said cheerfully hugging her and she shuffled her hair. Picking her up she made her sit in her chair. "Mai khilaon?" (shall I feed you) she asked and fed her. They shared from the same plate. She was exclaiming at every bite how much she loved it. "Woah Tara, you cooked after an year and it just perfect" said Nargis and Sitara smiled. "Faizan Bhai aap bhi aa jaeiye. Poore shehar mei aapki Bhabhijaan se achi mutton biryani koi nahi banata" (Come Faizan you also eat with us, in whole city no one cooks better biryani than your sister in law) Nargis teased him and Sitara glared at her and she just snickered. "Come, Come sit" she said patting the chair and he finally agreed to eat with them rather than after Sitara. He seems so much more reserve and shy type of a guy. How does he kill? Sitara wonders. Distancing herself from the thought of killings while eating she concentrated on her biryani.

"Waqai kafi achi hai, Bhabhijaan" (Really it's quite good) he said praising her "Thank you Faizan Bhai" "Aapko bhi lagi na badiya, meri Appi hain hi mast" (see you too loved it, my sister is just the best) Ruku said excitedly and everyone laughed hard "chup ho kar kha tu" (keep quite and eat) Sitara said pinching her nose and she giggled.