Chapter 46

Sitara woke up with a feathery touch. She blinked her already shut eyes as something fell on them. Ignoring it, she turned to her other side and kept enjoying the peaceful sleep that had become a stranger to her after the night in the basement.

She had saved Faizan from suffering that atrocity and Shahzain from doing such a monstrous act to his best friend and living in regret, but she also has suffered her fair share of trauma. Being loved by Shahzain is difficult, but loving Shahzain was not a piece of cake either. Every time in her ways or efforts where she tries to drag him back from falling a prey in the hands of his obsession, she gives a part of her sanity, too. It was like walking on shredded glass on the roof top of a high tower where the choice is either to fall down or keep your feet bleeding. It hurts, either way.

It's been more than a week since that incident, and the dust has settled. She started sleeping again. And today, something was disturbing her sleep.

She again felt that soft feather like sensation on her feet, and soon on her waist and again on her face. She slightly opened her eyes, and they couldn't resist the urge to get widened.

Surprised, she sat up, extending her arms a bit to feel the showering petals on her. A smile adorned her face, and her eyes lit up seeing the roses falling on her.

She turned and saw Shahzain showering the flowers on her. "Ji ye sab??" (what is all this?) She asked, amazed.

He kept the plate of flowers aside and extended his hand for her. Taking his hand, she got down from the bed, but before she could even stand, he lifted her up in his arms.

"Shahzain, what are you doing? Tell me," she chortled seeing his behavior this morning.

"Here?" She asked, surprised as Shahzain opened the door of the other room in the house. The room filled with her paintings. Stepping inside, she gasped, seeing the floor covered with flowers. She moved inside, walking on the flowers, holding his hand, and he brought her in the center of the room.

"Shahzain all this..." she was at a loss of words seeing the scented candles, cake, and wine and strawberries and flowers.

He picked up the velvet box kept on the table top next to the bouquet of peonies. He reached her back and a light touch at her neck startled her. "Shahzain?" She asked, amazed, touching the pink diamond pendant which he just placed on her neck and hooked the chain.

Wrapping his arms around her, he turned her towards him. "Happy Birthday, Jaana," he said, kissing her forehead.

She closed her eyes as a teardrop was about to fall. Cupping his cheek,she kissed him. "Happy anniversary, Shahzain!" she wished him because it's not just her birthday it was also their marriage anniversary.

He kissed her back. She chuckled as he placed a tiara made of flowers on her head. "You surely deserve a crown to successfully complete a whole year with me," He said, and they laughed. "You are crazy," she said, hitting him on his chest. "Since the second I saw you. And you love this crazy man, so who is more crazy?" He said, winking, and they laughed.

He decided to spend the whole day with her, and they were sitting in the garden having the breakfast which he cooked himself for her and set up the little picnic like setting while she was showering.

"Shahzain can I ask you something?" She said while sitting closely to him with her back touching his chest and eating a strawberry after devouring the pancakes. "Ofcourse Jaana" he said caressing her cheek.

"Look if you don't want to tell then it's okay, but please don't get angry." She said turning towards him. "Ask what you want to ask, I won't get angry I promise " he said pecking her on the cheek.