Chapter 12

"Appi. Get up. Utho na. Appi utho na" (Get up.) Sitara woke up to a continuous banging on her door. What happened now, thinking she sat up on her bed. "One minute, coming" she called from inside and got up to open the door taking her stole.

"Yeah Ruku what happened why were you banging my door continuously" she asked her as Ruku ran inside and jumped on her bed. "Chalo chalo jaldi ready ho jao. We are going to the city fair" (C'mon c'mon get ready quickly) she said excitedly. "Who is going to the city fair?" She asked bewildered. This is something new. "All of us," Sitara heard Nargis from behind them as she entered her room all chirpy. "Really?" She asked excitedly, she remember how much Nargis and she used to love this fair. They used to go every year and do loads of shopping.

"Yes! We all have planned to go after breakfast. First, we will go to the dargah because Ammy wants to pray for your peaceful marriage, and then we will go shopping. So c'mon get dressed and come downstairs, " she told Sitara excitedly, and she nodded. But then a thought stole her smile "But Nargis I-I don't know if I should, I mean what if he doesn't like it" she said nervously, knowing very well that the Sitara who didn't require to take any permissions in her life has long gone. This Sitara needs someone's approval even to breathe.

"But he is not in the country, right? It's been just two days that he left. He wouldn't be back so soon. We have some freedom, don't we?" Nargis said hopefully

"How? Faizan Bhai-" "He will come with us too, then he will trust us, right?" Nargis cut her doubts assuring "Yeah I guess, " Sitara said, still unsure."Great then, get ready, " she said and left, grabbing Ruku with her.

She took her bath and got dressed in a black suit. It had light embroidery, and the dupatta had mirror work at the borders. She wore it as the veil covering her face such that just her plum rose lips were visible. She went towards the living room and had breakfast with everyone.

Soon Nargis, Rihan, and everyone got ready, and Rihan told Faizan to accompany them.

"Bhabhijaan I would suggest you ask Shahzain once before leaving," he said, making Sitara gulp. He said, stating what is obvious according to him. He is living here for this purpose, only. To make sure Sitara never does anything against Shahzain's wish.

"But Faizan Bhai you will come with us, right? So why will Khan Saheb object? You will keep her safe, " said Nargis, trying to save her from this predicament.

"I will Nargis Bhabhi at any cost, but it's not about just her safety. You understand that Bhabhijaan, don't you?" he said to Sitara, and she looked down, knowing very well what he is saying. Its not about her safety, its about the satisfaction of Shahzain's sick ego that he controls her.

Nargis was about to protest when Rihan stopped her and said to Sitara instead "He is right, Sitara ask for Bhaijaan's permission first" he told and she nodded. She turn to come inside her room.

"I-I don't know in which country he is in, I mean I shouldn't disturb him if its night there" she said nervously. She don't want to speak to him and tried one last time to get an escape.

"That's okay Bhabhijaan, he will answer your call irrespective of day or night" said Faizan and she nodded. She know he will, she just tried to take a chance. She came back to her room to avoid talking to him in front of everyone.

"Hmmm bolo Jaana" (Yeah say) he did answer his call in one ring just like Faizan said. Though his voice seems sleepy. "I-I am sorry, did I disturb your sleep?" She said hesitantly. She know everyone becomes cranky if disturbed in a sound sleep and she don't have the courage to take his bad mood. "No you didn't, I was anyways dreaming about my Sitara and what could be better than hearing my Jaan's voice" he said flirtatious giving her hope to ask him.