Chapter 48

Sitara woke up with groggy eyes and a pounding headache. When did I sleep, she thought to herself, coming back to senses. "Shahzain?" She whispered, holding her forehead. She couldn't open her eyes completely, "Shahzain" she called for him again.

Letting out a sigh at the silence, she tried to sit up. What the hell? Her eyes widened as she registered her surroundings. Why, instead of her picture, the ceiling is white with a ceiling fan. Where am I? She looked around and it wasn't her room.

It was a smaller room with a comfortable bed on which she was sleeping and a desk and a chair.

"Shahzain!" She called out loud, scared. Her breathing increased with her anxiety.

"Shahzain!" Why is he not coming? she thought and tried to stand, but the headache was too much. She noticed a glass of water at the table and tried to get up when the door opened.

"Bacchi"

"Rihan Bhai," she said, startled. But she was relaxed that she was not kidnapped or something. It's her brother, and she is safe. She let off a breath of relief, but another fear came to her. "My dupatta. Where is my veil?" She looked around the bed. She got up from the bed and searched beneath the sheets under the bed. Scared, that if Shahzain got to know how he saw her, he would kill him. He wouldn't spare her brother like he did Faizan.

"Relax bacchi. You won't need it anymore," he said, gaining her attention.

"What? What do you mean?" she asked, not understanding. "Where is he?" He asked her brother. It was the strangest thing that he didn't come to her. She has always expected him to be the first one to see waking up.

"Bhai, I am asking you something. Where is Shahzain? And where am I? What is this place? Why am I here? We were at the fair. How did I reach here? Why can't I remember anything? And this headache...ahh" she sat back on the bed. "Why am I feeling this pounding headache?" She bombarded him with questions.

The glass of water came into her sights, and she saw Rihan kneeling on the floor with the glass of water. "Drink it. It will help with the headache, " he said, and she took the glass. Drinking it, she felt a bit easy.

"Where is he?" She asked again, placing the empty glass on the bed.

"Bacchi, relax. I will tell you everything," he responded, but the response only irritated her more. "Then tell me. Where is Shahzain? He is alright, right? Has something happened to him? Bhai, please tell me where he is?" she was losing her patient with every second.

"Relax, you will go into a panic attack like this. He is fine, okay. He is alright. But you need to take a breath. Let me bring more wat -" "What is this?" She cut him off, getting up from the bed as her eyes got stuck on the clock. "Time?" She got puzzled seeing the time at the clock. "We left for fair at this time? How come it's still...and is it still afternoon?" She said, looking outside through the glass window.

"You left for the fair at this time yesterday." his words astounded her, and she turned towards him stunned.

"Bacchi," he reached her, and before he could say anything, she asked, reaching closer to him. Her breath was shaking, and she could feel a lump in her throat. "You said he is alright," she said, fearing the worst that something might have happened to him, and she was unaware of it

"He is. And so are you," he confirmed, reaching closer to her.

"Then why is he not here? You are telling me that I have been away from him since twenty four hours and he is alright. Do you know Shahzain? He would have burned the world down till now to find me. Tell me where he is? Tell me honestly. Something is wrong, right? Something has happened to him? What happened? Where is he?" She got agitated and blasted at Rihan.