Chapter 18

Shahzain took steps towards her bride in a slim fit prince coat over crisp black kurta and pajama. Detailed on rich silk, handcrafted for a beautiful, subtle, detailed and elegant. A classic jewel crusted brooch was completing the look for his regal entry. But his face, his face has splashes of blood. His hands were dripping blood and his eyes were screaming danger.

"Shahzain, first come with me" Faizan stopped him keeping a hand on his chest before he could reach Sitara breaking their staring contest. She casted her eyes down but her breathing was erratic. He came drenched in someone's blood at his own wedding. The thought made her breathing shallow in fear.

"Faizan, humne pehle hi hamari Jaana ko bahot intezar karwa diya, pehle usse to mil Lein?" (C'mon Faizan, I have already mad my Life wait for long, first I should meet her) "No, your face, first lets remove this blood" he told him and it's like he just realized. He touched his face from the back of his palm and look at the smudge blood on his hand. He looked at his hands too that were covered in blood and his dress too. "Tsk tsk tsk that mother fucker" he said irritated and then he realized something and let out a sinister laugh. "Oh so that's why you are asking me to come with you, Faizan have you seen blood for the first time, idiot" He said jokingly to him, like it's nothing "Not me, but they all have seen for the first time" Faizan said drawing his attention to her family "Yeah" he said looking at every one's shocked expressions. Rihan was too shocked, Zahra looked like she will faint seeing the atrocious nature of the man she is sending her daughter with. Rihan was holding her so that she doesn't fall. Nargis couldn't open her eyes, thank God Ruku is asleep.

"But Jaana tumhe to iski aadat daalni padegi" (but my life, you have to build a habit of seeing this) he said reaching her.

He pulled a string and the flower separater which was the only thing between him and his girl, fell making her shudder. He crouched in front of her. Beautiful, no winsome, no gorgeous, no heavenly. He was not able to decide which word could describe the beauty sitting in front of him. It felt like he is looking at the moon herself.

She flinched as his hand stretched towards her but he didn't touch her. He was just looking at her with mesmerized eyes, instead he picked up the nikahnama and looked at it. A smirk came to him seeing her signatures. He held out the file for Faizan to take it and he did while he was still looking straight at her

He took out a Black Rose from his front pocket of the sherwani "Janamdin Mubarak ho Sitara Shahzain Khan" (Happy birthday) he said and Sitara lifted her wide eyes which met his. He was the only one who remembered that today its not just her wedding its her eighteenth birthday too. Jis din athra ki hogi us din hamari hogi ,his words echoed in her ears and she saw the contentment in his eyes as he fulfilled his promise. (The day you will be eighteen, will be the day you will be mine)

Her hands trembled taking the rose from him "J-Ji sh-shuk-shukriya" she stuttered a thank you and he smiled at her.

"Black Rose, where did you find this? Isn't it extremely rare?" Nargis asked looking shockingly at the rose and just then Sitara actually looked at the rose. She was so bound in his trance that her fear devoid her from actually looking at anything else than his eyes. Looking at the rose, her eyes mirrored the shock in Nargis' eyes.

She didn't know that they actually existed. She always read that Black roses aren't exactly black. Instead, black roses derive their color from intense shades of purple or red rather than pure black. How he got this? She wondered. This flower is so beautiful. It has its own beauty, it's the darkness itself yet it's the most alluring thing she ever saw.

"Ofcourse they are rare Nargis Bhabhi, but they have unrivaled beauty, just like my Jaana " he said as he brushed his fingers along with Sitara's holding the rose.