Chapter 41

"He gave me this", she turned inside, closing the door behind her, with the paper. She handed it to Sitara, which she took hurriedly.

Jaana I don't know how long can I hold this thought, but as long as I can, I want to give you the freedom. Go with Nargis Bhabhi, I cannot promise but will try to not ruin you once again. And if there is any God that you pray to everyday, then I hope he will be kind enough that I will die, and this time, I will let you live.

The roaring sound of the car engine barged her thoughts. She crushed the piece of paper in her fist, her breathing became heavy, and her eyes glared at the door. She was so angry. She had never felt this rage against Shahzain till now. She has been through a tornado of emotions since he came into her life. She felt scared, disgusted, helpless, numb, happy, she even felt love but she never was angry on him, she used to fear him too much to be angry on him but today she was.

Her knuckles turned white as her hands balled into tight fists. She stomped outside in all her fury.

"Sitara!" Nargis followed her, amazed at her behavior. The guards turned around, avoiding making the grave mistake of looking at her inviting a gruesome death. For once, she didn't care about anybody else's life. She was blinded by her rage. She vigorously walked towards the gates. The tyres screeched against the muddy ground as the brakes made a squealing sound.

"What are you doing? You could have gotten hurt. Are you crazy?" Shahzain jumped out of the car yelling at her. "Sitara" Nargis also came running. However, Sitara brushed her away. Instead, she was glaring hard at Shahzain.

"Are you alright? Tell me, are you hurt somewhere?" Shahzain was ignorant of her blazing eyes and was desperately looking for any injuries she might have got as he halted the jeep suddenly.

She jerked his hands away in anger.

Her action made him stumble, and his mind registers the surroundings. Witnessing his guards facing their backs towards him, he asked her, "Why are you outside?" In that moment, Nargis also got scared a bit, as she is fully aware of his unforgiving nature. And she didn't want to be a reason or even a source, due to which her best friend has to undergo any animosity.

"Actually ofcourse you will be outside," he added, noticing the paper in her fist. He asked her to leave with Nargis how he could act possessive now when he decided to let her go. Should he drop her? he thought, "No, I can't do that. He turned around, avoiding to face her. He can't watch her leaving, but it's night. Will she leave right now? Will it be safe? Shall he ask someone to drop her off? The questions were boggling his mind.

Clueless of what is going on between them, Nargis was amazed at his behavior. At first, his question embarked a streak of fear in her, and then his statement left her astounded, but his behavior has pumped Sitara's anger more, like someone added fuel to an already burning fire. She glowered at him and held his wrist tightly.

"Jaana?" he asked as he noticed her angry eyes throwing daggers at him. Without saying a word, she dragged him inside, and Nargis followed them timidly. For a moment, she regrets being the part of this feud. Just a moment before she was happily chirping thanking her stars that she get to meet her best friend after such a long time that too to celebrate the love blooming in Sitara's heart and now all she could feel is why is she here? It seems intrusive, and she blames herself for the fight between them. She had no idea what he had written in the note, but she is sure that it has something to do with her sudden presence in their lives. She just wants it to be over as soon as possible without anybody getting hurt.

"Nargis, I am sorry, but I need a moment to talk to him. Can you please wait here? " Sitara said as they reached the living room. "Of-ofcourse, actually I-" before she could complete her words, saying that it's better that she should leave, Sitara already dragged him upstairs. Leaving Nargis with no other option than waiting for them sitting there on the couch.