Chapter 1

"Ah... What a wonderful day."

It's already midday, but the weather isn't that hot. With the blanket and pillow I carried earlier, I carefully laid them under the big tree and lay down.

"It's the perfect spot to take a nap."

"Your Highness!" I just closed my eyes, yet someone was already looking for me.

"As expected, you are here, Your Highness" I didn't bother opening my eyes since I already knew who she was from her voice.

"I know you are awake and can hear me, Your Highness. Please get up. We have to prepare you for the luncheon." Joanette said, my lady-in-waiting.

The luncheon, she's saying, is not really that special. It's just eating lunch with the whole royal family.

"Your Highness!"

"Forget it, Joanette. I'm not in the mood to eat lunch. I want to take a nap. Here, lie down beside me. The weather is so great."

"No, Your Highness. You must attend this time, or who knows what rumors they will spread?"

"That would be awesome. I wonder what kind of slander they are going to spread this time. I'm so excited! Hehehe..."

"Let's skip to the part where you are well aware of your bad rumors, but isn't the normal response to prove those nasty rumors wrong?"

"Why would I do such a silly thing? It's not like the rumors are wrong."

"How could you say that... ARRGGHH," Joanette exhaled in frustration.

"Fine. Fine. Fine. You win this time, Joanette." Bumangon na ako dahil sa mukhang iiyak nanaman si Joanette kaya pagbibigyan ko na.

The luncheon is simply eating with the whole royal family, or that's how others see it. It's actually an event where the emperor asks you a bunch of questions, the empress scolds you for unknown reasons, and your siblings throw shade at you for no reason at all.

Yes, that's how I view it. To be honest, I do not have a problem with it since the luncheon only happens once a month. I'm reluctant to attend because I hate walking.

The luncheon always happens in the main palace, and the palace where I'm residing is too far away. I am too lazy for this sh*t.

~~~

"Princess Bianca has arrived."

After a half hour of preparation and another two hours of slow walking, I finally made it to the luncheon.

"What kind of rude behaviour is this, Bianca? Do you know what time it is now? You are late. Do you even have a sense of time?"